No announcement yet.

Al Haymon's Venture ship has started to sink

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
    No, I'm acting just like what I really am... a consumer of the product. And so far, the product has not been very impressive to me and I will not make special plans to watch any future shows but will only watch if I happen to be home at the time.

I even tried to get a few friends to come over to watch the fight today and no one was interested in the slightest.
    The fact that people don't want to hang out with you has nothing to do with anybody but yourself.

Comment

So far it has been pretty weak, the PBC showings. If the plan is to bring boxing back as a beloved mainstream TV event, cant see it happening.

For current boxing fans at least find good commentators, sheesh how hard could it be? Find some retired boxers, give those guys a job. Guys like Chris Byrd or something. Goddamn **** NBC guys who are complete idiots its an insult.

The promos were equally awful. Ayo Im DSG im a superstar! And ladies love me! Hey Im Dirrell and I KOd cancer! WTF.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
        Because no other entity has over 200 fighters and deep world class talent in many many divisions where A+A matches could easily be made....so yes, it's much different.

Also, what's wrong with hoping for better matchups from a guy who is investing hundreds of millions of dollars into getting boxing all over network tv? If boxing is going to bring in more new fans, shouldn't the product be good? Shouldn't boxing put it's best foot forward instead of the tired scheme of selling lies?
        Bika vs Stevenson has been the only true complete mismatch so far. The other fights could definitely be better but they have been probably been more competitive than what we're getting on average elsewhere.

Comment

I'm disappointed that they didn't ask Stevenson about a potential fight with Kovalev next. It was a pretty weak post fight interview.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
            Bika vs Stevenson has been the only true complete mismatch so far. The other fights could definitely be better but they have been probably been more competitive than what we're getting on average elsewhere.
            Are you SERIOUS? Really? Honestly? Oh wait... I just noticed you were from Oakland. Never mind. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              I'm disappointed that they didn't ask Stevenson about a potential fight with Kovalev next. It was a pretty weak post fight interview.
              Not a chance of getting any decent interviews on a PBC show. The interviews start with "I'd like to thank Al Haymon" and end the same way. Nothing but fluff in between. Definitely not any mention of non Haymon fighters, especially champions.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                Nope, if you suck at production you will turn off people who are curious to see what boxing is about. The commentators and the production has been very bad, there is no denying that and bad production means boring air time and if I were not a fight fan I would've have changed the channel.
                There's a little bit of soulless-ness about PBC so far. The atmosphere is not there and the quality of the fights has not helped.

From memory Thurman-Guerrero was good. Has there been another good fight on PBC?

The fighters were allowed their own songs tonight though which is an improvement, maybe they listened to the fans on that one but personally I didn't think the music was loud enough to hype everyone up.

Comment

Start putting better match up then maybe people will be interested. Mismatch after mismatch. I see that they're advertising Leo Santa Cruz and his next fight will be against sparring partner. They're best fight so far is Peterson vs. garcia but they messed it up by trying to monopolize the belt and making it a catch weight instead of a unification

Comment

Terrible production, no commercials, except a Chevy dealership commercial from Buffalo. Pretty much the commercial slots are filled with promos for Danny Garcia, Peter Quillin and other fighters who are with Haymon.

Then we have Virgil Hunter who is such a bad commentator , I wanted the Beterbiev vs Campillo fight to end as soon as possible so I wouldn't have to listen to Hunter anymore. He was commentating as if he were a fan of Campillo and getting upset that his strategy wasn't good to defeat Beterbiev, just terrible!

Then they interview Beterbiev without having a professional translator.
                    The production, the preparation, everything about this show except for the first fight is terrible.

They are complete rookies and they are sinking. That's why you let networks produce their shows. Any Fox or ESPN boxing card is 100 times better than this production wise.
                    Originally posted by downklown View Post
                    Another idiot obsessed with Al Haymon.
                    Nah, I am just embarrassed as a human being for the trash producing that he is putting forth, it's laughable really
                    Please, if you say anything not of the highest regard involving Haymon, you are a blind, racist hater...these are the rules.

Comment

• Not bad for a 12:00 p.m after noon boxing event, I agree Virgil is okay I just think he needs to talk a little louder, I mean it's not a chess match its almost like he's whispering. Paulie did a great job and so did the other guy, Hunter just needs a little practice and he will get better.

Comment

Working...
                      X