No announcement yet.

Al Haymon's Venture ship has started to sink

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
    deep down in my heart i really really hope and pray that PBC fails hard. and i know it will. it's just an incredibly poor imitation of what boxing is. this circus show can't continue or else it will further destroy boxing's reputation.

PBC needs to go away like a bad dream. and we all need to forget about it. i don't even count any of the wins or losses in this PBC because it's not boxing imo.

guerrero didn't officially lose to thurman. stevenson still a clown. nothing in PBC matters to real boxing. this is all just exhibition.

Comment

How about you dont watch it and then nobody will have to hear you whining about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
        As dull and boring as it is on television, imagine how it is live and in person? No ring girls, no entrance with your music and entourage to get the crowd going, not even a damn ring announcer! I have never seen fights where the ring was so empty after the fight. Usually the ring is packed with people: the ring girls, announcer, corner staff, reporters, camera men, promoters, managers, friends and entourage, etc... After a PBC fight the ring is empty and it does not make for a good impression for viewers and fans. If anything, it looks like no one gives a damn about the fight and didn't bother to show up.

I was surprised that they actually gave in and allowed him to display his belt and actually announced him as the WBC champion after the fight, however. Not that it made much difference overall.
        great points! all those things do matter, boxing has so many elements that make it what it is, and pbc takes some of that away and its somthing we're not used to seeing and it makes it seem very dull

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
          lol what hes putting on good fights one bika stephenson fight dont change that. the real issue here is u guys hate haymon so much and thats all there is to it. u want haymon to fail because u dont like him has nothing to do with the product he puts out there or the fights he makes
          nope.

broner vs molina = complete mismatch and boring
          stevenson vs bika = complete mismatch and boring
          mares vs santo reyes = complete mismatch and boring
          porter vs bone = complete mismatch
          berto vs lopez = who cares?, boring
          etc. etc.

the only interesting and somewhat exciting fight was thurman vs guerrero. and the upcoming schedule looks mediocre as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LOWBLOW_CHAMP View Post
            great points! all those things do matter, boxing has so many elements that make it what it is, and pbc takes some of that away and its somthing we're not used to seeing and it makes it seem very dull
            Watching a PBC card is like watching a Stanley Cup final where they went 4 games straight, all with lopsided scores and after the final game, no Trophy presentation, no celebration on the ice, no interviews, no footage of celebrations in the dressing room. Just 'Game Over', see you next year and fade to black.

Imagine the Superbowl without the coach getting Gatorade dumped all over him and with no fans on the field after the game? No interviews, no awards given out, no trophy?

It's boxing but there is something missing, something that absolutely has to be there to make it complete. But for whatever reason, someone involved with the production has no idea what they are doing. It's like they turned the show over to a production team who has never seen a boxing match on television in their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
              well considering the casual fan wants to see knockouts the spike card was great for that and people need to realize the pbc dont need extra fans to succeed not all boxing fans have sho and hbo. and yes molina really killed his stock people try blame both but anyone with 2 eyes could see it was molina not broner
              I was referring to the fights in "free" tv, which people here are quick to defend even for small criticisms. Apparently PBC is perfect, and anyone who even dares suggest that there might be something wrong with their format or their matchups is automatically a hater and secretly hates boxing. I am sorry but I have been watching boxing way too long(and you have Pryor in your sign so I assume you have too) to settle on things that I consider indispensable, mainly quality match ups. I am also not a fan of how they try to promote some of their fighters as the best of their division, and they won't even mention the legitimate champions in those division like Golovkin and Kovalev. It seems like some WWE **** to me.

I thought the spike card was ok, with the exception of the Lopez stoppage, but overall a solid show.

Completely incorrect about Molina vs Broner , both guys were responsible, maybe even Broner more so considering Molina was completely overmatched, and he still didn't press the action.

Comment

berto vs lopez has been the only competitive fight so far, actually. but still, im enjoying it so far despite the poor production

Comment

I have to disagree, actually. I think it's great we get to see fighters who normally appear only on HBO or Showtime platforms. I mean, we are getting more access to fights, with different television networks, and at different times throughout the week. If we had consistent Saturday afternoon boxing, and quality fights, man! Thought both fights today were pretty entertaining and the more exposure boxing gets, the better it will become. More exposure, more fans, more money, better fights, etc. Honestly, what's been killing boxing is the ****y matchmaking. As soon, as the promoters start making quality competitive fights, boxing will get to where it used to be.

Sure, the feel of the PBC production is kind of gimmicky, Arena football, WWE, UFC style, but the fights are there. Again, all I want to see are high stakes fights, and no more easy fights for top guys, especially when they are getting million dollar paydays.

Comment

Originally posted by divine hammer View Post
                    deep down in my heart i really really hope and pray that pbc fails hard. And i know it will. It's just an incredibly poor imitation of what boxing is. This circus show can't continue or else it will further destroy boxing's reputation.

Pbc needs to go away like a bad dream. And we all need to forget about it. I don't even count any of the wins or losses in this pbc because it's not boxing imo.

Guerrero didn't officially lose to thurman. Stevenson still a clown. Nothing in pbc matters to real boxing. This is all just exhibition.
                    this is the same guy that enjoys and pays for bkb, divine fairy tale everybody

Comment

it takes time to make money. obviously haymon knows this and so does the investors. thats why its called a business plan with a long time strategy.

Comment

Working...
                      X