• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im all aboard PBC train.

Love the direction, love that the fighters will be selling themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
      Then you're not a real boxing fans, becaue Im a fan of this. A fan of anything that gives more exposure to boxing, 100m more potential viewers. But all in all im going to watch boxing. If you wont watch because of production value then you're not a real boxing fan. You're just some casual ******.
      So 'real boxing fans' have to settle for crap? Would real football fans watch their games without the crowds, without the cheerleaders, without all the atmosphere that goes along with it?

I want the sport of boxing to be treated with the respect it deserves, not like some carnival side show.

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
      just as I expected, youre not a "Boxing" fan cause youre looking for the wrong things. Yeah i wonder how boxing survived all these years without Micheal Buffer...
      Do you realize how long Buffer has been announcing fights? Probably longer than you have been alive. He has been the voice of championship fights as well as of the WWF/WWE since the 80s. Most people connect him to boxing more than they connect the names of most fighters you could name.

And to be honest, a championship title fight does not seem the same without Buffer calling out "Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!"

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      its almost like u guys want the pbc to fail which amazes me its one best things to happen for boxing fans in a long time
      Wanting something to improve to at least the same level of boxing broadcasts of the past is not wanting something to fail. Not being willing to accept garbage instead of quality is not wanting something to fail.

I always wondered why such crappy movies like the Transformers series continues to be made. I think now I know. People just love mediocrity. Their standards are too low.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        its almost like u guys want the pbc to fail which amazes me its one best things to happen for boxing fans in a long time
        Honestly it's not that simple, while it may be on public television and by default is bringing more attention, if the product isn't any it will turn people off from the sport even more. Three out of the four fights that have been shown for "free", have been pretty boring, Broner vs Molina the worst offender of the bunch. It's even worse when only one of the four fights, in Thurman vs Guerrero were even good matchups. All of the others were mismatches, and unlike some here I don't care too much about the production values, but if the matchups are not competitive there won't be a fight. Let me ask you a question, if I told a friend to watch the fights and he watched Broner vs Molina first, is turned off from boxing, is that really good for the sport? Casuals make up their minds quick, and I can't blame them, I am feeling a little sleepy after watching Stevenson vs Bika.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          No, they won't. No network will throw out any offer for a sports show that has not proved itself to draw good audience numbers along with a built in sponsorship base. Right now, Haymon has absolutely nothing at all to offer a network for them to purchase. If they expect to make a network deal, they better have millions of dollars in advertisers signed to long term deals and very high viewer ratings.

So far, they have neither and that will not lead to any network deal.
          LMAO, you're saying this after 3 fight cards. The first two cards were considered successes.

This is a 2 year plus venture. You're hating just to hating. I dont think you hateres even know why and it makes me question your like for boxing. Regardless of Haymon or any other manager/promoter, he is doing things the right way. Putting money into boxing. Actual money. Not the minimum to make a profit on ever ****ing card.

You guys either have no vision, hate boxing, or your Haymon hate is some vindictive that you cant see through to the positive this is for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by LesMoonves BOSS View Post
            Lol. People keep saying this is free boxing. If you have cable tv, it's not free.
            Wait, are you saying that I have to have cable to watch CBS?

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
              Wow, bad match ups, no entertainment, bad tv production, bad commentating, no commercials, no music, no shots of the crowd, poor interviews, no translators, everything is just super bad as far as TV is concerned. It's just bad period. Nobody is praying that it fails but it will.
              deep down in my heart i really really hope and pray that PBC fails hard. and i know it will. it's just an incredibly poor imitation of what boxing is. this circus show can't continue or else it will further destroy boxing's reputation.

PBC needs to go away like a bad dream. and we all need to forget about it. i don't even count any of the wins or losses in this PBC because it's not boxing imo.

guerrero didn't officially lose to thurman. stevenson still a clown. nothing in PBC matters to real boxing. this is all just exhibition.

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
                Honestly it's not that simple, while it may be on public television and by default is bringing more attention, if the product isn't any it will turn people off from the sport even more. Three out of the four fights that have been shown for "free", have been pretty boring, Broner vs Molina the worst offender of the bunch. It's even worse when only one of the four fights, in Thurman vs Guerrero were even good matchups. All of the others were mismatches, and unlike some here I don't care too much about the production values, but if the matchups are not competitive there won't be a fight. Let me ask you a question, if I told a friend to watch the fights and he watched Broner vs Molina first, is turned off from boxing, is that really good for the sport? Casuals make up their minds quick, and I can't blame them, I am feeling a little sleepy after watching Stevenson vs Bika.
                well considering the casual fan wants to see knockouts the spike card was great for that and people need to realize the pbc dont need extra fans to succeed not all boxing fans have sho and hbo. and yes molina really killed his stock people try blame both but anyone with 2 eyes could see it was molina not broner

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                  deep down in my heart i really really hope and pray that PBC fails hard. and i know it will. it's just an incredibly poor imitation of what boxing is. this circus show can't continue or else it will further destroy boxing's reputation.

PBC needs to go away like a bad dream. and we all need to forget about it. i don't even count any of the wins or losses in this PBC because it's not boxing imo.

guerrero didn't officially lose to thurman. stevenson still a clown. nothing in PBC matters to real boxing. this is all just exhibition.
                  lol what hes putting on good fights one bika stephenson fight dont change that. the real issue here is u guys hate haymon so much and thats all there is to it. u want haymon to fail because u dont like him has nothing to do with the product he puts out there or the fights he makes

Comment

I'm enjoying it, particularly during the day because then I can go out at night. Sure the production needs work, but who cares, it's boxing, the other stuff doesn't matter. My only concern is the budget, I think guys are being paid too much which might affect its long term success.

Comment

Originally posted by LesMoonves BOSS View Post
                      Lol. People keep saying this is free boxing. If you have cable tv, it's not free.
                      actually those channels are free. if u have an antenna which would cost 10-$15 u can get nbc cbs abc etc in HD so u dont have to have cable to see the fights

Comment

Working...
                      X