No announcement yet.

Al Haymon's Venture ship has started to sink

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
    It's not sinking it just launched off the deck.

I am very curious as to where the profit comes in though. Obviously they have long term goals but they must be losing a ton of money early on (or better way to put it - they have invested a ton of money in hopes of making big profit later which remains to be seen on exactly how and where that comes from).
    The profit will come from a network tv deal. UFC got 100m 7 year deal and their ratings arent even that great on FOX. Haymon is spending money to make money. Him and his investors dont plan on actually seeing a return until such deal comes about.

NBC, CBS, ESPN, even spike are going to throw a number out at some point. Even a 50m a year deal would net a big profit for them and allow all of their shows to be shown on cable or network tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
      As dull and boring as it is on television, imagine how it is live and in person? No ring girls, no entrance with your music and entourage to get the crowd going, not even a damn ring announcer! I have never seen fights where the ring was so empty after the fight. Usually the ring is packed with people: the ring girls, announcer, corner staff, reporters, camera men, promoters, managers, friends and entourage, etc... After a PBC fight the ring is empty and it does not make for a good impression for viewers and fans. If anything, it looks like no one gives a damn about the fight and didn't bother to show up.

I was surprised that they actually gave in and allowed him to display his belt and actually announced him as the WBC champion after the fight, however. Not that it made much difference overall.
      best post in this thread. dog shows have better TV production than this.

Comment

I didn't realize there were so many television execs on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
          The PBC hate is hilarious. Its a two year venture and you got ******s acting like salesman and professional businesswoman talking like they know this will fight 3 cards on.
          No, I'm acting just like what I really am... a consumer of the product. And so far, the product has not been very impressive to me and I will not make special plans to watch any future shows but will only watch if I happen to be home at the time.

I even tried to get a few friends to come over to watch the fight today and no one was interested in the slightest.

Comment

No, I'm acting just like what I really am... a consumer of the product. And so far, the product has not been very impressive to me and I will not make special plans to watch any future shows but will only watch if I happen to be home at the time.

I even tried to get a few friends to come over to watch the fight today and no one was interested in the slightest.
            Then you're not a real boxing fans, becaue Im a fan of this. A fan of anything that gives more exposure to boxing, 100m more potential viewers. But all in all im going to watch boxing. If you wont watch because of production value then you're not a real boxing fan. You're just some casual ******.

Comment

As dull and boring as it is on television, imagine how it is live and in person? No ring girls, no entrance with your music and entourage to get the crowd going, not even a damn ring announcer! I have never seen fights where the ring was so empty after the fight. Usually the ring is packed with people: the ring girls, announcer, corner staff, reporters, camera men, promoters, managers, friends and entourage, etc... After a PBC fight the ring is empty and it does not make for a good impression for viewers and fans. If anything, it looks like no one gives a damn about the fight and didn't bother to show up.

I was surprised that they actually gave in and allowed him to display his belt and actually announced him as the WBC champion after the fight, however. Not that it made much difference overall.
              just as I expected, youre not a "Boxing" fan cause youre looking for the wrong things. Yeah i wonder how boxing survived all these years without Micheal Buffer...

Comment

Losing 5 million or more on each show cannot be permitted to go on for two years or more. People want a return on their investment, not a continual drain on their resources. Rich people did not become rich by throwing their money away.
                its almost like u guys want the pbc to fail which amazes me its one best things to happen for boxing fans in a long time

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
                  The profit will come from a network tv deal. UFC got 100m 7 year deal and their ratings arent even that great on FOX. Haymon is spending money to make money. Him and his investors dont plan on actually seeing a return until such deal comes about.

NBC, CBS, ESPN, even spike are going to throw a number out at some point. Even a 50m a year deal would net a big profit for them and allow all of their shows to be shown on cable or network tv.
                  No, they won't. No network will throw out any offer for a sports show that has not proved itself to draw good audience numbers along with a built in sponsorship base. Right now, Haymon has absolutely nothing at all to offer a network for them to purchase. If they expect to make a network deal, they better have millions of dollars in advertisers signed to long term deals and very high viewer ratings.

So far, they have neither and that will not lead to any network deal.

Comment

Wow, bad match ups, no entertainment, bad tv production, bad commentating, no commercials, no music, no shots of the crowd, poor interviews, no translators, everything is just super bad as far as TV is concerned. It's just bad period. Nobody is praying that it fails but it will.

Comment

No, they won't. No network will throw out any offer for a sports show that has not proved itself to draw good audience numbers along with a built in sponsorship base. Right now, Haymon has absolutely nothing at all to offer a network for them to purchase. If they expect to make a network deal, they better have millions of dollars in advertisers signed to long term deals and very high viewer ratings.

So far, they have neither and that will not lead to any network deal.
                      sure they will if they get ratings of course they will offer him money and i hate to burst your guys haymon hate bubble but some these fights are going to get monster ratings. todays show was more focused on canada rather then the usa

Comment

Working...
                      X