No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto VS Daniel Geale Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    I know you hang onto Golovkin's balls 24/7 on this site but the point went clearly over your head.

It's simple: If Golovkin can accept going to 154 to fight Mayweather he shouldn't have a problem coming in at 157 for Cotto. It's that simple and you could have saved yourself some time from typing a novel full of non sequiturs.

None that you said had anything to do with what I posted.

You need to understand the rules of the sport. Golovkin is Cotto's MANDATORY defense. MANDATORY defenses cannot be subject to any conditions such as a catchweight, they must be open to the division limit. Cotto cannot refuse to fight GGG at 160 or he will be stripped of the title.

Learn something about the sport you follow because right now it looks like YDKSAB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      How am I stopping low? It just happened with Martinez what the ****... As soon as he beat Martinez Cotto was ducking GGG. You're offended because I simply posted facts and it's exactly what would happen if Cotto were to beat GGG.
      There's no need to make exaggerations. No one that's trying to have a serious discussion will say Cotto should move up to LHW if he beats GGG. Cotto took a calculated risk in facing Martinez and now the consequence is that people want him to face GGG, a top 3 MW. Is that not a reasonable expectation? He can use all of his "A-side" tricks and try to take any advantage he can, but if GGG accepts everything, then the fight should happen if Cotto decides to continue fighting at MW. After Canelo, there's no legit excuse why the fight shouldn't happen, assuming that GGG keeps winning and Cotto stays at MW.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 06-07-2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
        You need to understand the rules of the sport. Golovkin is Cotto's MANDATORY defense. MANDATORY defenses cannot be subject to any conditions such as a catchweight, they must be open to the division limit. Cotto cannot refuse to fight GGG at 160 or he will be stripped of the title.

Learn something about the sport you follow because right now it looks like YDKSAB.
        Actually you are the idiot if you don't understand that sanctioning bodies only enforce "rules" when it's beneficial for them.

You're 58 years old but post like you only started watching boxing during the rise of Golovkin.

Comment

Actually you are the idiot if you don't understand that sanctioning bodies only enforce "rules" when it's beneficial for them.

You're 58 years old but post like you only started watching boxing during the rise of Golovkin.
          You seem to think that Cotto will ever actually get in the ring with GGG. The guy almost choked last night every time GGG's name was mentioned. He will retire before fighting Golovkin.

As for the rules, if they are not enforced then people should stop wondering why boxing is a fringe sport and why it will remain as such. I cannot take this sport seriously when it is so corrupt. UFC has more honor than the boxing world. It makes me sick.

Comment

Even if you took off 5 pounds that would mean he rehydrated 17 pounds over the limit which is a lot.

My point stands and that suits me just fine.
            I would understand your opinion if you said there should be same day weigh-ins and that is where the problem lies.

With the current system nearly all the fighters cut water weight and rehydrate well over the limit.

Comment

• cotto looked fresher than i expected him to. i actually think a fight with golovkin would be interesting in itself, regardless of the title. of course i would still expect golovkin to win, but hopefully cotto would make him raise his game

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                You seem to think that Cotto will ever actually get in the ring with GGG. The guy almost choked last night every time GGG's name was mentioned. He will retire before fighting Golovkin.

As for the rules, if they are not enforced then people should stop wondering why boxing is a fringe sport and why it will remain as such. I cannot take this sport seriously when it is so corrupt. UFC has more honor than the boxing world. It makes me sick.
                No, that's not what I said or think. Stop using these straw man arguments. I only said Golovkin should accept the catchweight for Cotto if he can make 154 like he claims.
                Last edited by joseph5620; 06-07-2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
                  I would understand your opinion if you said there should be same day weigh-ins and that is where the problem lies.

With the current system nearly all the fighters cut water weight and rehydrate well over the limit.
                  I agree with you completely about same day weigh-ins. I'm not disputing that and I'm in total agreement with you that the current system is a problem in boxing.

Comment

I agree with you completely about same day weigh-ins. I'm not disputing that and I'm in total agreement with you that the current system is a problem in boxing.
                    They should bring back same day weigh-ins, its also much safer and healthier for the boxers.

Comment

No, that's not what I said or think. Stop using these straw man arguments. I only said Golovkin should accept the catchweight for Cotto if he can make 154 like he claims.
                      There is no logical reason for GGG to accept a catchweight to fight Cotto, other than the fact that Cotto is an unethical coward with a trainer to match.

Comment

Working...
                      X