Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Russell Easily Stops Jhonny Gonzalez, Wins WBC Gold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't know what to make of this. Gonzalez got ripped by those 2 punches and never recovered. Russell looked basically the same as always before that, all flashy speed that mostly missed.

Comment

Good win for Mr Gary Russell jr. Now avenge the Lama lost. It woulld be hard though Lama is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Russell beats the slower Walters with a lopsided win. Donaire at any weight would be trying to catch butterflies in the dark. Been a fan of Russell for years and wanted him to step up and he did with Loma and Gonzalez.
        Walters would obliterate Russell. Not even a question in my mind. Don't overreact to this.

Comment

Beautiful boxing by Mr. Russell! The Sweet Science Lives!

Comment

Gary its okay to smile, it aint gunna hurt you

Comment

Russell vs Mares next. Walters isn't even a featherweight. He won't be there much longer.

Comment

Great performance by Russell.

Featherweight is looking great again.

Comment

Good win for Russell Jr. I picked him by decision, however with Jhonny's weak chin a knockout was always possible.

I thought Russell Jr.'s speed would be a big factor in the fight, and it was. I had said many times that I considered Jhonny as the weakest, most vulnerable featherweight champion. It was between him and Gradovich, but the Russian is in his prime, Jhonny is not. That KO 1 of Mares had a lot of people fooled but I could not forget how poor Jhonny had looked against Osejo (a quick-handed southpaw) - who dropped him and beat him clearly in Mexico - and Ponce de Leon (a southpaw).

The people who had Gonzalez as the # 1 at 126 are bordeline crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
                    Russell obviously had plaster of Paris fists because you can't hurt Gonzalez granite Mexican chin and the ref is known for betting on fights. I don't think so!
                    He's been knockdown a lot so your comment is.dumb ...Give Russell his credit ....he's will kill all these slow fighters but vasyl was a really skilled fighter...that's probably the only fighter who will beat him ... I would love to see a rematch ...I think vasyl will again but it will be a close match

Comment

Just goes to show how elite top level loma is. Beat Russell in his 3rd pro fight. And he will beat him again in the rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X