Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC has better build up to fights than Boxing, watch this and you will see

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree with you. Most top money generating fights are not built on the fighters running their mouths and being disrespectful to one another. I believe most hardcore fight fans do not care what is done or said outside the ring because they as I know, that most of it is all fake acting to hype the fight. It is part of the promotion. PPV fighters are what they are, not because of how much trash talk they dish out but by what they can do in that ring or octagon. If intense face-offs and trash talking is your thing and gets you excited, good for you. I care not for much of that.

Comment

Tell me when a UFC fight can generate half a billion dollars

Comment

Conor McGregor, and don't flame me this is my opinion, is the Muhammad Ali of his sport. He talks so much **** but it's entertaining, makes you laugh and endears you to him. He is is the future and present of his sport and far and away my favorite UFC fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
          I disagree with you. Most top money generating fights are not built on the fighters running their mouths and being disrespectful to one another. I believe most hardcore fight fans do not care what is done or said outside the ring because they as I know, that most of it is all fake acting to hype the fight. It is part of the promotion. PPV fighters are what they are, not because of how much trash talk they dish out but by what they can do in that ring or octagon. If intense face-offs and trash talking is your thing and gets you excited, good for you. I care not for much of that.
          Of course it matters, the only reason Cormier - Jones broke 800k PPVs ie because of their press conference and the 'off min talk'

Hell one of the reasons Mayweather does so well is that he markets himself as a villain outside of the ring, if it were all about what happens inside the ring then Gatti, Ward, Rios etc. would all be the PPV kings.

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
            Highest PPVs in boxing history!

ODH vs Mayweather - Mayweather at his trash talking peak (Trash was talked)
            May vs Canelo - Oscar trashed May, May trashed everyone (Trash was talked)
            Lewis vs Tyson - Tyson trashed Lewis, bit his leg (Trash was talked)
            Tyson vs Holyfield II - Tyson trashed Evander (Trash was talked)

Logic dictated that trash talking does have an affect on numbers! Maybe not the be all and end all but definitely a MAJOR factor

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Tell me when a UFC fight can generate half a billion dollars
              Here's some numbers for you!

Golden Boy Promotion - $700,000,000
              Roc Nation Promotion - $540,000,000
              Top Rank Promotions - $300,000,000
              Al Haymon net worth- $25,000,000

Combined total - $1.565 Billion

UFC net worth $4 Billion

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post

UFC net worth $4 Billion
                MMA is a dying sport. The hype for it is over. Fad is done.

Comment

i don't like mma but but i do have a favorite fighter from the ufc and that's jose aldo man he gonna whip this boy a new one war aldo!!!

Comment

Ufc? You mean one guy? A guy who is no different then plenty in the history of boxing. No more outrageous then guys like broner. Stfu. Tired of hearing about ufc on here.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post

UFC net worth $4 Billion
                      Lmao. Espn exposed them already. They take between 80-90% of the revenue while boxing promoters take around 25%.

Comment

Working...
                      X