Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel when your favourite fighter loses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
    When Sergio Martinez lost, I felt like crap.

But then again I knew he was past it before even going into the fight with Cotto, I did think he had enough left in the tank to win the fight though.
    This exactly. I was disappointed but even though I'm not a Cotto fan, I respect him and generally like him as a fighter, so it wasn't too bad for me. Rather him losing to a future HOF'er than a guy like Chavez Jr.

Comment

Pretty pissed off because I usually do a lot of trash talking leading up to it.

Now I try take a more conservative approach where the outcome is sketchy, unless it's close to a sure thing of course.

Comment

My favorite fighter never loses.

Comment

Probably the exact opposite to how Broner feels when Floyd wins.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            I feel ****ty for a week

Retire bhop
            Yeah man, that fight was soooo so hard to watch for a fan! Almost couldn't watch the last round.

Going out like that would be no shame, he started with a loss and he could end with a loss and what a loss. 50 years old, taking the Crusher for 12 rounds. Respect!

When Kessler lost to Calzaghe I was really sad for a week or so, then I began to admire Calzaghe a lot more after that.

When Kessler lost to Froch I actually didn't feel that bad. I was also a big fan of Froch, but it was a good fight and the two are almost like brothers, for that which they shared. So that time I didn't feel bad at all.

When Froch & Kessler lost to Ward I was really angry about the whole situation, mostly Kessler, because I felt like he had been a victim of this corrupt sport and that a man like him, a true gentleman of the ring, deserved a fair shake, so that one really got to me. I started really disliking Ward after that, and it's a shame, because he's kinda likable when he speaks, but I wont forget what happened that night, when he damaged Kessler for good - By cheating.

Comment

I don't like it, but I expect it. Unless it's like the Punisher getting put to sleep by one punch. That was a hard hard pill to swallow.

I do genuinely expect it because of the type of fighter I support. I like guys I don't have to make excuses for. Those are guys like Paul Williams and One Time who are gonna fight any and everyone and there momma and daddy too. Those type of fighters lose because they don't duck anyone.

Comment

I was gutted when Roy got knocked out. That was really tough to swallow, I didn't watch boxing for a while afterwards.

I don't think I've ever been as big a fan of a fighter as I was Roy. I handle it pretty well now. It happens, I move on.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                  My favorite fighter never loses.
                  sven ottke?

Comment

nothing. just go on about my life.

Comment

I feel **** for a while.....to the point it takes balls to log on here after talking **** for weeks prior.
                      Always has to be ups and downs though....adds to the love of the sport in the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X