Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently HBO won't host Cotto's next fight unless Canelo is guaranteed next.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently HBO won't host Cotto's next fight unless Canelo is guaranteed next.

According to Steve Kim's tweet.

Thoughts?

I think its good HBO is forcing Cotto to give them better fights. They want GGG to become a star by fighting Cotto.

That's good...who wants to see him fight Ron Salsa?

Comment

good force taht coward to fight a live body, HBO starting to wise up they been overpaying to see him against handicap fighters. Boxing public is not fooled.

Comment

I think HBO just wants someone to fight Cotto that is sure to attract viewers himself. I don't think they want to broadcast Cotto-Heiland.

Their best shot without a Canelo guarantee is Tuerano Johnson or better yet, Billy Joe Saunders. They're all top 3 in the WBC rankings.

Comment

They would be Okay with him fighting GGG too.

Comment

there's always showtime. cotto is'nt kissing HBO's ass

Comment

Will showtime come to the rescue or will it follow the HBO lead of trying to force the best fight the best?

Comment

Smart move by hbo...

I'm sure if cotto doesn't want to agree, he can find another channel.. The guy is one of the biggest draws in the sport, some one will give him a TV date

Comment

One thing Miguel Cotto doesn't like is being told what to do. I hope he does agree to that, but I could easily see him just going to Showtime and doing his own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Smart move by hbo...

I'm sure if cotto doesn't want to agree, he can find another channel.. The guy is one of the biggest draws in the sport, some one will give him a TV date
                    What if in 8 hours....

"Miguel Cotto inks with Al Haymon. Headlining PBC in June aganst Austin Trout."

Comment

Working...
                    X