No announcement yet.

HBO want commitment from Cotto for Canelo next if they broadcast his fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
    What belt? Cotto fights GGG after his voluntary or gets stripped. That means no belt to carry into the ring against Floyd. And don't give me this sht that he cannot be stripped of the 'lineal' title either. If Cotto is stripped of the WBC title, no one will consider him to be a champion of anything. There is no way in hell that Floyd will consider fighting Cotto for what is essentially a theoretical championship title that has no bling that he could display in the ring after winning and show off after the fight. Not to mention that there is the big black cloud that hangs over any collaboration between Haymon and Jay Z.

Not a chance in hell of this ever happening.
    The sanctioning bodies are dirty they could easily let Cotto keep his belt if he were to fight Canelo or Mayweather they have done it before.Floyd should have been stripped of his belts at 154 at this point but it hasn't happened.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
      I would be shocked if the June 6 fight is on ppv just don't see it happening fight wouldn't get above 200,000 buys but could do a good number on HBO.
      I'm assuming because Roc signing all these guys to these high ass minimums... but can't even get them in the ring.

I thought they hired boxing guys to help run their division....

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        I'm assuming because Roc signing all these guys to these high ass minimums... but can't even get them in the ring.

they have Dave Iskowitz who used to be with Golden Boy and Dibella before that. Dave knows whats what.
        Last edited by OnePunch; 03-22-2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

Man they sound like they don't know what the **** they are doing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            Of course monetarily and accolades wise it's a good fight for him. I'm talking about competition wise. Aren't we watching to see the best fight the best? Isnt that the point of sports? I'm not watching boxing because the guy is making ten million or getting some award.
            Unfortunately the best aint fightinging the best. GGG is happy fighting in a dead division. Would rather move down and fight smaller guys than move up. All the champs in Rigos division dont want him but every is on his case saying he should move up..... GGG is treated differently.

If Cotto fights Floyd its a tougher fight than Canelo.... people still want Cotto vs Canelo even though hes proved hes not ready for the big leagues yet

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              it is absolutely 100% meaningless when neither guy (Cotto or Floyd) would have any intention of actually fighting the consensus #1 guy in the division.

All it would be is another trophy in their trophy cases, but would have NOTHING to do with establishing who is the #1 middleweight, which in an ideal world is the lineal champ
              Exactly, I can't believe people are arguing otherwise.

Comment

This is what happens when you think your shit don't stink. Cotto had many options and now it seems he has very little. He and his team put themselves in this situation for thinking he's some grand superstar(which he isn't). Him and his fanatics have become a big joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                  Unfortunately the best aint fightinging the best. GGG is happy fighting in a dead division. Would rather move down and fight smaller guys than move up. All the champs in Rigos division dont want him but every is on his case saying he should move up..... GGG is treated differently.

If Cotto fights Floyd its a tougher fight than Canelo.... people still want Cotto vs Canelo even though hes proved hes not ready for the big leagues yet

BOOM! Agree 100%

Fan bias is crazy in 2015.

Comment

It is good to see HBO behaving sensibly of late.

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post

LOL, having to force him to make good fights....
                      good step in my book, cotto has to fight a live dog at some stage. i think he beats canelo handily too

Comment

Working...
                      X