HBO want commitment from Cotto for Canelo next if they broadcast his fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
    LMAOOOOOOOOOO. He isn't ducking doe.
    Would of been canela but he to busy crying about deadlines and being weight drained.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
      Why is it not good for Floyd? He gets to fight a guy he has already beat for a title in another weight class for a s**tload of money. Seems like a great fight for Floyd if you ask me.

Are there better opponents? Yes, there always is. For every fighter.
      Of course monetarily and accolades wise it's a good fight for him. I'm talking about competition wise. Aren't we watching to see the best fight the best? Isnt that the point of sports? I'm not watching boxing because the guy is making ten million or getting some award.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        This IS kinda funny.

And if Roc Nation wants their money back from Miguel Cotto, its in their best interest to make Cotto vs Canelo.
        I think they push for that next.

Because if the Jun 6th fight is PPV, it'll bomb bad enough for them to open their eyes and realize they're losing money

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Showtime should snatch Cotto-Bundrage to secure Mayweather-Cotto 2 in September.
          Showtime would lose money in trying to make Mayweather vs Cotto 2. I don't think that fight would sell all that great on ppv, the first fight was okay. No need for a rematch. Pretty smart move by Ken the president of HBO sports pulling this move, Cotto vs Canelo does make more common sense on ppv later this year PR vs Mexico it's a no brainer which equals millions on ppv.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              I think they push for that next.

Because if the Jun 6th fight is PPV, it'll bomb bad enough for them to open their eyes and realize they're losing money
              I would be shocked if the June 6 fight is on ppv just don't see it happening fight wouldn't get above 200,000 buys but could do a good number on HBO.

Comment

If this is true,I honestly see no problem with it. If anything it shows that there are no such things as promises when you're dealing with cotto,and HBO isn't going to trust cotto to honor his word, like Bob arum did. Its not personal cotto,its just "bidniss".

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Nope: it's in their best interest to make Cotto vs Floyd... (Floyd pays both for the belt and for Roc...)
                  ... Plain shit -- not boxing...
                  What belt? Cotto fights GGG after his voluntary or gets stripped. That means no belt to carry into the ring against Floyd. And don't give me this sht that he cannot be stripped of the 'lineal' title either. If Cotto is stripped of the WBC title, no one will consider him to be a champion of anything. There is no way in hell that Floyd will consider fighting Cotto for what is essentially a theoretical championship title that has no bling that he could display in the ring after winning and show off after the fight. Not to mention that there is the big black cloud that hangs over any collaboration between Haymon and Jay Z.

Not a chance in hell of this ever happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    The lineal title is not meaningless. In fact, it is the only meaningful title in all of boxing. No one has won the lineal title in more than 4 weight classes.

Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto are high quality opposition. So much so that it would earn him unanimous recognition as Fighter of the Year.
                    it is absolutely 100% meaningless when neither guy (Cotto or Floyd) would have any intention of actually fighting the consensus #1 guy in the division.

All it would be is another trophy in their trophy cases, but would have NOTHING to do with establishing who is the #1 middleweight, which in an ideal world is the lineal champ

Comment

That seems FAIR to me!

Comment

Working...
                      X