No announcement yet.

Mayweather would batter Sugar Ray Leonard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

It would be a good fight. If anyone who thinks Floyd gets blasted needs to watch his dad's fight with SRL. Floyd has the same style but is superior in every way to his father. SRL himself said that Floyd Sr's style caused him some problems. SRL did have one thing no fighter has been able to pull out of Floyd, the ability to drop the game plan and just fight. I saw RJJ do it in the in first Tarver fight when things were going south for him. Roy took a deep breath in the corner, said f@ck it, and went into fighter mode. SRL did the same with Hearns, but I don't know if PBF can do it because nobody has pushed him to that point yet.

When Floyd calls himself TBE, I can see where he is coming from. He is NOT the greatest, but when it comes to technical precision, never getting sloppy, rarely being off balance (like keeping his feet under him and not overreaching), and staying disciplined in the ring, Ricardo Lopez is the only boxer i can think of who comes close. Sweet Pea was more defensively gifted but he clowned too much, even BHop clowned more than Floyd.

To become great, it requires another fighter to push you to greatness. Hopefully Pac and Floyd bring out the greatness in each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci View Post
        kill yourself, no literally go outside jump infront of a bus.

You obviously aint accomplishing shit here, just look at your rep no one respects you.

Comment

Originally posted by gdub27 View Post
          It would be a good fight. If anyone who thinks Floyd gets blasted needs to watch his dad's fight with SRL. Floyd has the same style but is superior in every way to his father. SRL himself said that Floyd Sr's style caused him some problems. SRL did have one thing no fighter has been able to pull out of Floyd, the ability to drop the game plan and just fight. I saw RJJ do it in the in first Tarver fight when things were going south for him. Roy took a deep breath in the corner, said f@ck it, and went into fighter mode. SRL did the same with Hearns, but I don't know if PBF can do it because nobody has pushed him to that point yet.

When Floyd calls himself TBE, I can see where he is coming from. He is NOT the greatest, but when it comes to technical precision, never getting sloppy, rarely being off balance (like keeping his feet under him and not overreaching), and staying disciplined in the ring, Ricardo Lopez is the only boxer i can think of who comes close. Sweet Pea was more defensively gifted but he clowned too much, even BHop clowned more than Floyd.

To become great, it requires another fighter to push you to greatness. Hopefully Pac and Floyd bring out the greatness in each other.
          SRL did knock him down and win by stoppage at the end.

Remember that SRL had just turned pro the year before. He was fighting like every month or two so the numbers went up fast at the beginning ....

Comment

It's kind of interesting watching Sugar Ray Leonard versus Mayweather Sr. Floyd does everything better than his father did. His philly shell is tighter, his balance is better, and his timing is better.

I'm not sure if Mayweather Jr. could beat Leonard but it would definitely be a close, competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabagool View Post
              this guy is scared of a filipino midget, what makes you think he'd even ponder the idea of fighting a SRL?
              How is he scared of him when he is fighting him soon?

Comment

Dumbest post/thread ever. I was a May fan until he became a cherry picking b. No way he could hang with Leonard. Even as a May fan-- I knew he couldn't beat elite ww's from the past

Comment

Comment

No.

10littletrolls

Comment

I think Mayweather would be able to beat Leonard...

Even rather handily beat him...

But "battering" him is a bit far fetched. When has Mayweather ever "battered" anyone?

The part about Leonard being overrated is ridiculous, he was an excellent boxer and would hang in the current era imo. I think he could survive Floyd for a UD loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X