Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just came here for the comments!

Comment

Mayweather would lose by UD.

Ray Leonard had everything Mayweather had, just more of some of it.

Ray had better footwork, faster hands, better punching power.
      Better inside game, and taller with a slightly longer reach of 7'4 compared to Mayweathers 7'2.

Ray also had a proven great jaw, when it was in his prime.

Don't feel bad though, Ray easily beats ALL fighters from 147 - 160 today.
      Yes including Pacquiao, Cotto, and Glovokin.
      Last edited by SergioMartinez; 02-24-2015, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Poorly expressed and poorly countered. Some of you have a disease called nostalgia. Saying Sugar Ray would KO Floyd is one of the most ****** things I've read along with the nonsense the person who started this thread wrote.

Comment

You make no sense. While Leonard did avoid a rematch with the great Hearns the fact remains that he beat him so how could an overrated bum beat a great fighter?????? Duran had great boxing skills. How could you not know that if you ever saw him fight? How could Leonard have a glass jaw and go all those rounds with Hearns and Hagler? Leonard and Mayweather are considered by most fans and experts to be in the same class and you have badly underrated Leonard. Mayweather is superior to Leonard in one way. Mayweather is still great at 38 while Leonard was pretty much done at an earlier age. But the prime Leonard was without doubt one of the best fighters in history and a hard fight for any fighter his weight.

Comment

I'd lean towards May

Leonard was one of the nostalgic fighters who was actually decent though... He isn't just yokels fawning over sloppy wars ala Joe Frazier. I just think May is far tighter, more disciplined and businesslike in the ring.

Comment

this guy is scared of a filipino midget, what makes you think he'd even ponder the idea of fighting a SRL?

Comment

Floyd had the better defense (top 5 defense all time, let's say) but Leonard had the power. Both of them were supreme boxers. Both had great speed. Both had great chins. But Leonard could rip people up at 147. That's the difference.

Comment

while I think leonard was a ego maniac prick ,i don't believe leonard would have to much trouble with Floyd, ray had more tools to his arsenal than Floyd has , he could box or punch had a great chin and was braver than Floyd as with his 1st fight with hearns he had to change style and fights hearns inside and force the fight that took guts against a puncher like tommy , and people saying its nostalgia when looking at past fighters is bull**** some of use were lucky to have been around in eras when fighters actually fought each other and we had a better gauge of there greatness , unlike a lot of todays fans who just see fighters sheltered and cherry picking opponents as the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
                    while I think leonard was a ego maniac prick ,i don't believe leonard would have to much trouble with Floyd, ray had more tools to his arsenal than Floyd has , he could box or punch had a great chin and was braver than Floyd as with his 1st fight with hearns he had to change style and fights hearns inside and force the fight that took guts against a puncher like tommy , and people saying its nostalgia when looking at past fighters is bull**** some of use were lucky to have been around in eras when fighters actually fought each other and we had a better gauge of there greatness , unlike a lot of todays fans who just see fighters sheltered and cherry picking opponents as the norm.
                    Exactly, there is no dis*****g that the 80's were better when it came to boxing talent. When I hear "nostalgia" I cringe, I admit that Frazier might have only been great in that era(since then heavyweights have gotten significantly bigger, size makes a difference), but one only has to look at a few fights from guys like Duran and Leonard to know that they deserve every accolade they receive.

Comment

Ray Leonard isn't a chick so no.

Comment

Working...
                      X