Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather would batter Sugar Ray Leonard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd pick Floyd for a 12 rd dec but not so sure in a championship fight for 15 rounds like in SRL days. Rounds 13 - 15 are the real championship rounds!!

Comment

Originally posted by RespectedGunner View Post
      Duran top 10 ATG Top 10 best fighters dont get smashed to bits in their prime in 2 rounds. In Leonard and Duran we have two frauds that cant hold a candle to Mayweather and Hearns. Leonard has lost so many times. Floyd undefeated and still the best ever at the age of 38. Only time Leonard hit peak form was when he got abused when he was younger. Leonard hides in the closet
      Floyd is this really you???

Comment

Originally posted by RespectedGunner View Post
        Duran top 10 ATG Top 10 best fighters dont get smashed to bits in their prime in 2 rounds. In Leonard and Duran we have two frauds that cant hold a candle to Mayweather and Hearns. Leonard has lost so many times. Floyd undefeated and still the best ever at the age of 38. Only time Leonard hit peak form was when he got abused when he was younger. Leonard hides in the closet
        So one of the greatest LWs of all time was in his prime at 154 when he already had 5 losses coming into the fight and was coming down from 160? Makes sense...

Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
        Mayweather would lose by UD.

Ray Leonard had everything Mayweather had, just more of some of it.

Ray had better footwork, faster hands, better punching power.
        Better inside game, and taller with a slightly longer reach of 7'4 compared to Mayweathers 7'2.

Ray also had a proven great jaw, when it was in his prime.

Don't feel bad though, Ray easily beats ALL fighters from 147 - 160 today.
        Yes including Pacquiao, Cotto, and Glovokin
        I'm not sure Ray beats Golovkin, purely because of the weight issue and the pressure Golovkin would put on him. He was gassing badly at the end of the Hagler fight and that version of Hagler was probably a few years removed from his absolute peak.

Comment

Really?

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
          So one of the greatest LWs of all time was in his prime at 154 when he already had 5 losses coming into the fight and was coming down from 160? Makes sense...

I'm not sure Ray beats Golovkin, purely because of the weight issue and the pressure Golovkin would put on him. He was gassing badly at the end of the Hagler fight and that version of Hagler was probably a few years removed from his absolute peak.

Well, I am. Ray would beat the **** out of Triple G, man. He doesn't even have a puncher's chance. Watch your mouth. Triple G is SLOW as hell, first of all. Ray is one of the smartest fighter's ever. On top of that, he didn't get tired. His stamina was second to none. Last time I checked, Triple G's tongue was just hanging out against Murray. Murray semi-exposed him and showed that against a higher skilled opponent, he would lose.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
            Well, I am. Ray would beat the **** out of Triple G, man. He doesn't even have a puncher's chance. Watch your mouth. Triple G is SLOW as hell, first of all. Ray is one of the smartest fighter's ever. On top of that, he didn't get tired. His stamina was second to none. Last time I checked, Triple G's tongue was just hanging out against Murray. Murray semi-exposed him and showed that against a higher skilled opponent, he would lose.
            Watch my mouth? I'm just giving my opinion. Relax. GGG has a puncher's chance against any middleweight in history, let alone someone who's a natural WW. Look at Leonard's TV interview after the Hagler fight - if "he didn't get tired" then why does he seem like he's about to pass out during that interview? My point is that Golovkin would pressure him probably more than Hagler did during that fight so I think he'd definitely have a good chance to beat SRL.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
              Watch my mouth? I'm just giving my opinion. Relax. GGG has a puncher's chance against any middleweight in history, let alone someone who's a natural WW. Look at Leonard's TV interview after the Hagler fight - if "he didn't get tired" then why does he seem like he's about to pass out during that interview? My point is that Golovkin would pressure him probably more than Hagler did during that fight so I think he'd definitely have a good chance to beat SRL.

I apologize. But what you have to realize is that Hagler is one of the greatest middleweights of all-time. He is relentless and highly skilled. Hagler could not be broken. Anyone would be tired fighting him. Ray was in the best shape of his career. Triple G hasn't been to deep waters like that, yet. You have no reasons to think he would beat SRL, who I feel is the greatest fighter, ever. Triple G is a good fighter and very likeable, too. I think Ward would beat him down, if he moves up to fight him. I also think Chavez Jr would give him hell.

Comment

I apologize. But what you have to realize is that Hagler is one of the greatest middleweights of all-time. He is relentless and highly skilled. Hagler could not be broken. Anyone would be tired fighting him. Ray was in the best shape of his career. Triple G hasn't been to deep waters like that, yet. You have no reasons to think he would beat SRL, who I feel is the greatest fighter, ever. Triple G is a good fighter and very likeable, too. I think Ward would beat him down, if he moves up to fight him. I also think Chavez Jr would give him hell.
                The same way anyone who has fought GGG so far has been tired and overwhelmed, albeit a vastly inferior level of opposition. Fighting Ward is different because he'd be at a disadvantage in terms of size rather than the advantage he'd have against Leonard. Again, I must stress that I'm not saying he beats Leonard - Just that he has a good chance due to the factors I outlined. I'll make a thread about it with a poll and see how it pans out just to satisfy curiosity...

PS. I genuinely think GGG beats 7 shades of **** out of Chavez JR, even if they fought at LHW. The size difference isn't as big as the difference in class, technique and mentality.

Comment

People should be banned for threads like these

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=668824

Comment

I would take Ray in the match-up. Mostly because I guess I hold those old welterweights at such a high regard. Hearns, Duran, Leonard... a thing of beauty. Through the Hawk in the mix. The thing about Ray he wasn't afraid to sell out for the victory. Conversely, Floyd always sticks to his game plan and a scrap with Hearns, Leonard, or Duran might have made Floyd change his plan... then who knows! Plus just as it was easy to hate on Ray back in the day, it is easy to hate on Floyd today!

Comment

Working...
                      X