Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Player Fired Over Insulting Pacquiao's Basketball Skills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is beyond foolish. Pacquiao is a ****ty basketball player, so damn what? Comparing Pacquiao to Dr. King is just plain embarrassing. I'd like to think the Philippines is better than that. Geez...

Comment

• Manny playing professional basketball does kind of bring the credibility down. I mean, when the UFC signed CM Punk, that was a joke too. And a lot of fighters thought it kind of brought down the credibility of what they did. But that at least made business sense.

And I know people love Pac. That's okay. I like Pacquiao too. But when people can simply take away a man's way of putting food on the table over something so petty, and people here defend it. At a certain point, it has to be considered worshipping. That's something I expect from North Korea. Earlier today, I told my barber, who's Filipino, about this news and even he was like "Pacs my dude, but that's ****ing weird. Some cult like corrupt ****."

Comment

• Lol, at all the buthurt Floyd fans getting wrapped up on PAC being super A side in the PI.......

In other news Floyd actually tried to exclude Jim Lampley from being part of the broadcast team....

In more important boxing news, your black leader haymon manipulates the boxing system so that ranked fighters dont get their fair opportunity at what they worked hard for...... Let me guess, he's the boss?

Comment

• Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
          This is beyond foolish. Pacquiao is a ****ty basketball player, so damn what? Comparing Pacquiao to Dr. King is just plain embarrassing. I'd like to think the Philippines is better than that. Geez...
          and you should know better that it's just one guy point of view not the philipins.

Ask around here in murica to see how many folks still know who MLK was

it's not even Pac who compare himself to MLK, was there this big uproar when Floyd compare himself to MLK? If Pac being compared to MLK seems like an insult to you, what do you feel about Floyd comparing himself to MLK -proud?

Comment

• By the way Pac should not be playing in the PBA. or even singing or even acting.

But if people pays ticket to watch him ballin, paid 5 dollars for his record, paid 5 dollars to watch his movies who are we to stop them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rath View Post
              and you should know better that it's just one guy point of view not the philipins.

Ask around here in murica to see how many folks still know who MLK was

it's not even Pac who compare himself to MLK, was there this big uproar when Floyd compare himself to MLK? If Pac being compared to MLK seems like an insult to you, what do you feel about Floyd comparing himself to MLK -proud?
              It wasn't just that incredibly ignorant comment, they kicked a guy out of the league for stating an honest opinion. You don't find that ridiculous? That's so backwards. I'm a big Floyd fan but he says and does ****** **** all the time. I remember when Floyd made that King comment, I think it was in reference to blood testing, iirc. One of the dumbest things Floyd has said, among many others.

Comment

• god damn it. i ran out of popcorn. and i'm just on page 12.

This whole thing is f'ng hilarious.

Comment

By the way Pac should not be playing in the PBA. or even singing or even acting.

But if people pays ticket to watch him ballin, paid 5 dollars for his record, paid 5 dollars to watch his movies who are we to stop them?
                  Unfortunately, that's the connection Mr. Orton couldn't make. If Pac is bringing whatever exposure to the league then any reasonable person could understand that means it's help paying my check. I'm not too familiar with the PBA but I have a homie who played in non-US leagues and regular checks aren't always a guaranteed thing. Sometimes they go without getting paid for periods at a time - the $$ from attendance matters. I'm sure Orton has other player friends around who have experienced that. Sometimes it's better to just put your head down and go to work...just pay me on time.

I'm wondering why he was in the PI league to begin with after reading he signed for 1 mil for a Chinese team late last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
                    It wasn't just that incredibly ignorant comment, they kicked a guy out of the league for stating an honest opinion. You don't find that ridiculous? That's so backwards. I'm a big Floyd fan but he says and does ****** **** all the time. I remember when Floyd made that King comment, I think it was in reference to blood testing, iirc. One of the dumbest things Floyd has said, among many others.
                    Read the whole story page 25 first post. that might change your mind

Comment

Read the whole story page 25 first post. that might change your mind
                      I could understand fining him and/or suspending him but kicking him out of the league is excessive imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X