No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Floyd fans...you were WRONG!! Wrong I tell you!!!!!! Stupid deflectors.

At least you admit it. You're all right. Now you need to convince the rest of them. How will you do that when they will say anything to make their hero look good?

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      You were also wrong about Floyd.

It was also Floyd's lowest output ever.

Floyd's defense was overrated. Had the reach and height advantage. Yet, still needed to foul.

Rounds were close.

Rounds could have and should have gone to Manny but Vegas judges gave them all to the Vegas guy.

Floyd fans said the ref would play no part in the fight. Man, were they wrong. They said that Manny does not fight on the inside so the ref will not be a factor. WRONG!

Manny intentionally fought a tactical fight. Floyd fans thought otherwise and perceived that it was all because of Floyd ..... what a laugh.

Floyd's team and his fans thought that Floyd would even KO Manny in the later rounds. Yet come fight night, even his own daddy said "Son, you are fighting scared"

Floyd fought scared against a one armed tactical Manny. Imagine if he fought the Manny that went balls to the wall with 2 healthy arms?

I was right about the winner though.

Were you?

Comment

Floyd fans were and are wrong. It was a close fight. There were plenty of close rounds. Also, some of those could have and should have gone for Manny.

Floyd fought a tactical fight. Intentionally. As expected.
        Manny fought a tactical fight. Intentionally but not the norm. That is, people were expecting a different Manny. So the perception was that Floyd won the rounds. I expected the above from both fighters.
        So again, I was right, most Floyd fans were wrong.

Sure, Manny wanted to do more but Floyd fouled on many of those occasions and was allowed to. Ref, as expected by Manny fans, did NOTHING except for saying "Don't do it again Floyd". Floyd would agree but Floyd accomplished what he wanted to do and then repeated the fouls when required to do so. So this is another point where Manny fans were right. Floyd fans were WRONG!
        Says who? You and one other person? Here are the people who agree with me. The Judges,compubox, the commentary, the rest of the world ... Your whole argument is based on something that is simply not true. With the exception of Bayless and Holyfield show me any decent number of people who support your claim... They don't exist. This was the richest fight in the history of the sport, if it was close people would have been asking for an immediate rematch instead I saw a bunch of articles and posts asking if people would pay to see it again ... If it's even worth it. I'm sure you'll interpret that as "it's because Floyd ran" but in reality it's because Manny couldn't do anything with him... He looked lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
          I was right about the winner though.

Were you?
          You were right that the Vegas judges would hand it to the Vegas fighter.
          Dave Moretti, has judged something like 10 of Floyd's last 12 fights. He had the widest score. Were you wrong AGAIN? Not me.

In the above, most agree with you too:

"but we all know how things are done when fighting Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas. In that city the officials protect him, let him do everything. Fighting him there is a burden".... "Look, do you know how Mayweather can be beaten? Only by KO and how can you KO an opponent who does not want to fight, who does not throw punches, and hits you with jabs and you have won the round but they still give it to Floyd" - Juan Marquez

Have Floyd fight with a ref that will give hard warnings and points deductions. Get judges that will not be favoring Floyd, the home town guy. Lets see Floyd fight outside of Vegas or outside of USA ..... put him where Manny would be considered the home town guy.

Floyd was too scared to fight the Castillo rematch in LA, USA because he was scared the judges would favor Castillo.

"Floyd rejected the idea for an Aug. 10 date at Staples against Castillo (rematch). Mayweather didn’t trust the judges and didn’t want to fight in front of a strongly Latino crowd supporting Castillo."

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
            Says who? You and one other person? Here are the people who agree with me. The Judges,compubox, the commentary, the rest of the world ... Your whole argument is based on something that is simply not true. With the exception of Bayless and Holyfield show me any decent number of people who support your claim... They don't exist. This was the richest fight in the history of the sport, if it was close people would have been asking for an immediate rematch instead I saw a bunch of articles and posts asking if people would pay to see it again ... If it's even worth it. I'm sure you'll interpret that as "it's because Floyd ran" but in reality it's because Manny couldn't do anything with him... He looked lost.
            The fight didn't live up to expectations. Floyd stunk the joint by either fouling or not doing much more than try to win the fight with "touch" jabs. He knew that he had Vegas judges on his side, ref the puppet doing exactly as we predicted.

For weeks the media made fun of Floyd's hugging not the action that he generated. Or should I say, non-action.

Comment

Floyd fans were and are wrong. It was a close fight. There were plenty of close rounds. Also, some of those could have and should have gone for Manny.

Floyd fought a tactical fight. Intentionally. As expected.
              Manny fought a tactical fight. Intentionally but not the norm. That is, people were expecting a different Manny. So the perception was that Floyd won the rounds. I expected the above from both fighters.
              So again, I was right, most Floyd fans were wrong.

Sure, Manny wanted to do more but Floyd fouled on many of those occasions and was allowed to. Ref, as expected by Manny fans, did NOTHING except for saying "Don't do it again Floyd". Floyd would agree but Floyd accomplished what he wanted to do and then repeated the fouls when required to do so. So this is another point where Manny fans were right. Floyd fans were WRONG!

Fact is... Manny was never a threat to Floyd before nor during the fight as most Pac fans and casuals expected, nor as the media had built up Pac to be.

Pac simply became a dud once he faced Floyd in the ring as the majority of Floyd fans expected.

Once Pac realized all that taunting, hard work, training, and strategizing before the fight had gone out the window, the next best thing was to say he thought he won the fight, that Floyd couldn't sit still to be hit, and bringing up a bum shoulder which created enough animosity among many fight fans to want to sue him for not disclosing his injury.

Good ol' Bob tried bailing Manny out of the humiliation by claiming
              "The commission knew about his request for drugs... err.. his injury"

When the commission pulled out the form with the box he marked "No" ,
              Ol' Bob and Team Pac be like...

Now it's... "If you watch it in slo motion, frame by frame ... "

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                Fact is... Manny was never a threat to Floyd before nor during the fight as most Pac fans and casuals expected, nor as the media had built up Pac to be.

Pac simply became a dud once he faced Floyd in the ring as the majority of Floyd fans expected.

Once Pac realized all that taunting, hard work, training, and strategizing before the fight had gone out the window, the next best thing was to say he thought he won the fight, that Floyd couldn't sit still to be hit, and bringing up a bum shoulder which created enough animosity among many fight fans to want to sue him for not disclosing his injury.

People, like you said and thought that Manny would be coming all out banging from round 1.

Like I said in a recent posts, Manny's game plan was to come in and fight a technical fight. Hit and not be hit/countered. They would only change it up if they thought they were losing. They thought it was close and they were winning. So there was no need to change it up. I'm sure they wanted to do more but the fouling prevented that.

As for the scores, the Vegas judges came thru for Floyd. That is where one can say that Manny's team should have not expected to win a close tactical fight. Vegas judges will always give it to Floyd ...... Floyd knew that he didn't have to do much to sway the pro Vegas judges to give it to the Vegas guy.

Comment

You were right that the Vegas judges would hand it to the Vegas fighter.
                  Dave Moretti, has judged something like 10 of Floyd's last 12 fights. He had the widest score. Were you wrong AGAIN? Not me.

In the above, most agree with you too:

"but we all know how things are done when fighting Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas. In that city the officials protect him, let him do everything. Fighting him there is a burden".... "Look, do you know how Mayweather can be beaten? Only by KO and how can you KO an opponent who does not want to fight, who does not throw punches, and hits you with jabs and you have won the round but they still give it to Floyd" - Juan Marquez

Have Floyd fight with a ref that will give hard warnings and points deductions. Get judges that will not be favoring Floyd, the home town guy. Lets see Floyd fight outside of Vegas or outside of USA ..... put him where Manny would be considered the home town guy.

Floyd was too scared to fight the Castillo rematch in LA, USA because he was scared the judges would favor Castillo.

"Floyd rejected the idea for an Aug. 10 date at Staples against Castillo (rematch). Mayweather didn’t trust the judges and didn’t want to fight in front of a strongly Latino crowd supporting Castillo."

Oh so when you picked Manny you didnt know the fight was in Vegas?

Are you quoting the same guy who said the judges robbed him 3 times against Manny and the only way to win against Manny was by KO... Because the judges would always rob him???

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post

Until the very end, Manny tried to take his precious PEDs.

No chance to be competitive without them.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      Oh so when you picked Manny you didnt know the fight was in Vegas?

Are you quoting the same guy who said the judges robbed him 3 times against Manny and the only way to win against Manny was by KO... Because the judges would always rob him???
                      Marquez said his fights with Manny were close. I agree. You probably agree too. So what's your point again?

Still does not change the fact that Manny has gotten robbed in Vegas while Floyd gets protected in Vegas.

At least the fights between Manny vs Marquez were exciting fights where both exchanged compared to what Floyd did. Marquez didn't say about Manny that he does not throw punches or doesn't fight exciting or doesn't try to go for the KO. About Floyd, he said, Floyd just jabs and wins the fight due to the Vegas judges.

Comment

Working...
                      X