No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tay Roc View Post
    You should read the other ticket thread for a laugh. Someone compared TMT's handling of the tickets to the diamond business.

It was like that episode in The Wire where Stringer Bell used what he learned at his community college econ class in the streets by changing the name of the product.

Can't even make this stuff up.

Comment

• Rumours are that Floyd may fake an injury to get out of the fight, and they are planning to announce it this weekend.

The rumour is that a big fight will be called off this weekend.
      Last edited by D4thincarnation; 04-22-2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

You should read the other ticket thread for a laugh. Someone compared TMT's handling of the tickets to the diamond business.

It was like that episode in The Wire where Stringer Bell used what he learned at his community college econ class in the streets by changing the name of the product.

Sounds about as good as the thread about how adrien broner buying 750k diamond chain was a good investment because jewellery, lol, holds its value.

Comment

• 10 more days

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            Rumours are that Floyd may fake an injury to get out of the fight, and they are planning to announce it this weekend.

The rumour is that a big fight will be called off this weekend.
            You'd love nothing more than for that to be true.

Comment

• Pugmire's article following up on his tweet...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing...422-story.html

-A new site agreement contract was crafted to stage the bout at MGM Grand, and in the original language that was forwarded to Top Rank, the promoter and Pacquiao would receive 2,000 fewer tickets than they originally agreed upon, according to an official not authorized to talk about details of the dispute.

-On Wednesday Arum said, “Everything is resolved … we orally agreed and are waiting on the actual contract.”

-Ellerbe of Mayweather Promotions said Wednesday afternoon he was at MGM Grand finalizing the deal.

And Iole with an update on Ellerbe...

Kevin Iole @KevinI
              · 19m 19 minutes ago
              On phone with @LEllerbe "I'm doing everything I can to get the tickets on sale tomorrow." So you can go to sleep if you're in the UK

Kevin Iole @KevinI
              · 10m 10 minutes ago
              Ellerbe said he's tying up loose ends and doing everything he can for tsale tomorrow. As I reported weeks ago, tix are in safe at MGM

Comment

• What a fiasco this all was because they were trying to **** over arum, how pathetic

Comment

It was actually me who said it. And what I said went completely over the top of your head. I was trying to explain the law of supply and demand. I surmised that they were holding the tickets because they were limiting the supply so that the demand would skyrocket. Which is exactly what happened albeit unintentionally. The ticket prices as of now have tripled. I said greed was the motivation. never said it was a good thing never bogged up TMT at all on fact. I said it was an issue that had everything to do with greedy rich ppl and nothing to do with real boxing fans. But I did say it was like what de beers does with diamonds. All it is was an explination of a simple economic principle. What it wasn't was a justification. Smh, learn to read and stop trying to make everything a Mayweather fan vs. Pac fan battle.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                      You'd love nothing more than for that to be true.
                      If Floyd says he is injured this weekend. You will know it is a lie and wants out.

Until they get in the ring and the bell goes for round 1, I won't be 100% sure that Floyd will try and wriggle out of this.

Comment

Working...
                      X