No announcement yet.

Official Matthysse vs Provodnikov Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    how do you figure that? based on herrera, bradley, and algieri being murderous punchers?

lucas has proven he has one of the best chins in the division against harder hitting opponents. provo's chin is still up for debate.
    Are you serious? Dude got dropped multiple times by a D- Level fighter. Literally

Just wait. You're in for a shock tonight!

Comment

• I may be in the minority but I see this fight going the distance and Matthysse getting the decision. He is the favorite, he has all the tools to win this fight but he may very well choose to do it the hard way.

Matthysse is the better overall fighter, no doubt about it. Ruslan likes to throw looping shots whereas Lucas' punches are straighter. He should be able to beat Ruslan to the punch and land with more consistency. I think he is going to take advantage of Ruslan's complete disregard for defense as well and punish him with 3 or 4 punch combinations from the outside. He does not have to load on all of his punches, volume is going to be the key I think, and Ruslan's fragile skin is part of the reason why. This may be the fight where "La Máquina" needs to be smarter than usual.

If the fight is an all-out war, then this is anybody's fight. Ruslan looks like the stronger man and he hits harder than Matthysse in my opinion. His punches are more compact and seem to carry more weight. He also throws the better hooks while Matthysse's best punch is probably his straight right hand. Trading punches with Ruslan would definitely be the most dangerous strategy for Lucas, even though his superior stamina and defense could help him come out on top in this type of fight.

Comment

• Kendall Holt literally put Bradley's lights out. Look at it, Bradley was out and somehow managed to wake up when his head hit the canvas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
          I may be in the minority but I see this fight going the distance and Matthysse getting the decision. He is the favorite, he has all the tools to win this fight but he may very well choose to do it the hard way.

Matthysse is the better overall fighter, no doubt about it. Ruslan likes to throw looping shots whereas Lucas' punches are straighter. He should be able to beat Ruslan to the punch and land with more consistency. I think he is going to take advantage of Ruslan's complete disregard for defense as well and punish him with 3 or 4 punch combinations from the outside. He does not have to load on all of his punches, volume is going to be the key I think, and Ruslan's fragile skin is part of the reason why. This may be the fight where "La Máquina" needs to be smarter than usual.

If the fight is an all-out war, then this is anybody's fight. Ruslan looks like the stronger man and he hits harder than Matthysse in my opinion. His punches are more compact and seem to carry more weight. He also throws the better hooks while Matthysse's best punch is probably his straight right hand. Trading punches with Ruslan would definitely be the most dangerous strategy for Lucas, even though his superior stamina and defense could help him come out on top in this type of fight.
          I regret picking Lucas by KO so early on. I've wanted to change that to Lucas by decision for weeks now.

Comment

• I really hope Matthysse is going to get the respect he deserves after tonight. Its quite sad seeing how quickly peoples perceptions are so quickly influenced based on extremely little.

Don't come on backtracking that Ruslan was a bum that lost to so and so post fight. Give Matthysse his props, especially if you are one of many picking him to get decapitated.
            The guy is for real. His narrow, rather unfortunate IMO loss to Danny Garcia doesn't change that and neither does touching down from getting hit behind the back of the head by a limited puncher.

His defense, everything apart from his power is grossly underrated these days.

Comment

• If Lucas wins he deserves all the credit in the world

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                Look at my last post

My heart and soul tells me so as does my mind

It shall be proved tonight

I'm sorry but Ruslan is the tougher guy

They are both tough but Ruslan toughness is off the richter scale
                yea i read it. you're very emotional about ruslan having the better chin somehow, although you admit he hasn't faced one good puncher lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                  how do you figure that? based on herrera, bradley, and algieri being murderous punchers?

lucas has proven he has one of the best chins in the division against harder hitting opponents. provo's chin is still up for debate.
                  Why do people act like lucas has faces a bunch of beasts too? Lol he was dropped by danny and sorry ass molina

Comment

• I expect Provo to be a bloody mess by the 5th round.

Lucas by late round KO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      Why do people act like lucas has faces a bunch of beasts too? Lol he was dropped by danny and sorry ass molina
                      Swift is heavy handed and has the GARSH. He's a much bigger puncher than anyone Ruslan has fought.

I think both guys have fought beasts.

Comment

Working...
                      X