Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Matthysse vs Provodnikov Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just like I said...Lucas ****ed Provo up!!!...Round 2 was rated R...Lucas was hitting him with some sick shots but Provo got a sicker chin and walked through ALL that ish ....WOW that mutha****a ain't normal!!

Provo has probably the biggest heart, will and probably the best chin in the WHOLE sport...that's one tough mutha****a...major props!!

Lucas beat him up and won at least 8 rounds imo even though Provo was getting his rocks off...Lucas took control from rounds 5-9 after CLEARLY taking the first 2...Provo came up big in rounds 10 and 11...but he only won the 11th imo...sick sick fight and I doubt either fighter will be the same!!

Comment

• I had it 8-4 for Matthysse. Provodnikov had his moments but I thought he was mostly dominated. Fun fight to watch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        I dunno man i think it all looked awkward to me. He still delivered punches well because he is a great puncher and Provo has no defence. But when he was throwing he was very open to being countered. I might gif some of the moments im talking about later. I thought Provodnikov looked confused as to what to do even on the inside where people thought LM would get bullied. I just think Matthysse is a better fighter all round tbh.

Like I say i think it was fine for this fight becuase it pretty much stopped Provodnikov doing what he wanted to do for the majority of the rounds. Against anyone else I hope he still uses his old style. I dont see Crawford or Herrera for example finding it difficult to fight Matthysse when hes on the backfoot.
        Matthysse won't be on the backfoot against them. Lucas is hardly ever on the back foot, only against Ruslan cause you'd be ludicrous to stand toe to toe with him.

Comment

• I read this (translation):

"We had to win and won now I hope they meet what they promised me", hinting that during his visit to Buenos Aires, Oscar De La Hoya, owner of Golden Boy, said that if he won Luke, try to go with the winner of Mayweather-Pacquiao.
          Obviously he won't get Mayweather but Pacquiao-Matthysse is very makeable, possibly in Macau.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 04-20-2015, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            I read this (translation):

Obviously he won't get Mayweather but Pacquiao-Matthysse is very makeable, possibly in Macau.
            awesome fight

Comment

• he picked ruslan to stop lucas pre-fight, he's one of the few guys who isn't making excuses and actually giving lucas props for winning in the fashion he did

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                I read this (translation):

I really don't want to see that. Pacquiao still likely messes Matthysse up badly. If he gets the shot, though, he'd be dumb not to take it.

Comment

• i switched to hbo half way through, couldnt believe what they were saying....a draw? GTFO

prov made it it a FAIRLY close fight by coming back in the later rounds, he still didnt win more than 4-5 rounds though.

however his chin is the best in boxing, no question about it, i couldnt believe the punishment he was taking.

Comment

• typical bias

A good fight that was ruined by HBO's typical bias.

Comment

• Ruslan made me teary-eyed.

Comment

Working...
                      X