Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Matthysse vs Provodnikov Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matthysse looked absolutely lethal when he moved around a bit and let his punches flow. ruslan was clearly outmatched technically but goddamn is he tough. i had it 8-4 for lucas in the end

Comment

• Great fight I had it 8-4 Matthysse.

Provo landed a bomb in one of the last rounds that buckled Lucas, I thought Matts was going down but he showed tremendous resiliency.

WAR MATTHYSSE!!!

Comment

• I think I gave Ruslan 4, 8, 11 and maybe 12. Lucas a pretty clear winner, though there were one or two close rounds. 7-5 acceptable, draw getting very generous for Ruslan and anything more than that is utterly unacceptable and you're a blind ******. 8-4 or 7-5 is good scoring...draw not so good.

Looked like Matthyse messed his hand up in round 7 or 8 from memory. He shook it out after a combo and threw it much less after that, particularly by the 11th and 12th. Hardly threw it at all in those rounds.

Anyway, great fight. Definitely lived up to expectations. Wasn't one for the ages or anything, but a top fight nonetheless.

Look forward to Matthyse's next.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ... But you scored it a "draw", right?
          Didn't score it but felt like Lucas won

Voted draw because I picked Ruslan to win

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Looked like Matthyse messed his hand up in round 7 or 8 from memory. He shook it out after a combo and threw it much less after that, particularly by the 11th and 12th. Hardly threw it at all in those rounds.
            he did mention in his post-fight interview that he hurt his hand on provodnikov's "rock" head

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              he did mention in his post-fight interview that he hurt his hand on provodnikov's "rock" head
              I think his name should be the Siberian Rock head from now on.

Comment

• guesuus Chris Christie! Provo would've lasted 20 rounds on his feet if he had to until he took la maquina apart, what a warrior!

Comment

• I think his corner made a mistake in the 5th,6th,and 7th rds. Matthysse was destroying him of the back foot and backed him up in the 5th with a head shot and the 6th to the body.

I think Matthysse could have ended in those rds.had his corner saw it and told him is time. Matthysse is a finisher. He would have took any hope provo out his corner left and forced a stoppage our stopped him.

9-3 Matthysse. He didn't take much damage besides rd11. Great fight and dominating win.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
                      I think his corner made a mistake in the 5th,6th,and 7th rds. Matthysse was destroying him of the back foot and backed him up in the 5th with a head shot and the 6th to the body.

I think Matthysse could have ended in those rds.had his corner saw it and told him is time. Matthysse is a finisher. He would have took any hope provo out his corner left and forced a stoppage our stopped him.

9-3 Matthysse. He didn't take much damage besides rd11. Great fight and dominating win.
                      It makes total sense that he hurt his hand in the 6th, because he had Ruslan hurt and backing up. Then the next round he stepped off the gas.

Comment

Working...
                      X