Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should points be taken away for running?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should points be taken away for running?

I recall watching the movie Cinderella Man where Braddock is fighting a guy and the fight is lackluster. So do they let it go on? No. They stop it and call a no contest. I think it is a good ruling.

I think the same thing about running. I know a lot of guys use movement, but some are just flat out running. At one point in his fight with Howard Eastman, Bernard Hopkins flat out turned his back and ran away.

Shouldn't points be taken away when a "fighter" does this?

Yes, I know certain people on here will say "well you can't appreciate a fighter who moves." That's bull****,certain guys really do run. Oscar did it the last few rounds vs tito, Lara damn well did it the whole fight with canelo, and many others have done the same. It's not movement, it's running, huge dufference. If excessive clinching gets penalized then so should runners.

Comment

Should a fighter have points taken away for being unable to stop a guy from moving away from them?

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        Yes, I know certain people on here will say "well you can't appreciate a fighter who moves." That's bull****,certain guys really do run. Oscar did it the last few rounds vs tito, Lara damn well did it the whole fight with canelo, and many others have done the same. It's not movement, it's running, huge dufference. If excessive clinching gets penalized then so should runners.
        Exactly my point. I remember going into work the day after the Mayweather-Mosley fight. People talked about it. They said the first two rounds were solid and the rest was a track meet. That's not good for boxing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Should a fighter have points taken away for being unable to stop a guy from moving away from them?
          It's a sad time we live in.

Why would you even think that?

Comment

I got the same problem in football when they down the ball to run the clock out. or take long plays or or do some shlt to run the clock out. They should play till the end.

fighters who run suck. NOBODY wants to PAY to see fighter run. Period!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              I got the same problem in football when they down the ball to run the clock out. or take long plays or or do some shlt to run the clock out. They should play till the end.

If points start disappearing, they would have to stop. This should be enforced and I agree in football as well. Running the clock out is robbing the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post

Lol not sure if srs

Comment

No. If a fighter is using movement to control distance and set up their punches and are basically controlling the round they shouldn't be penalized. Likewise if a fighter is running but isn't the one controlling the fight then they should simply lose the round. What boxing needs is competent judges, not rule changes to appease the bloodthirsty crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Is it not a combat sport ******? Sure hit and not get hit, but key word HIT!

Comment

Working...
                    X