No announcement yet.

Article on Roc Nation struggles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Undisput3d View Post
    Dude signed a contract heard it was worth 60 milli you heard they offered broner around 40 or 50 right? If its true ward might have his back against the wall and make ward fight someone he doesn't want to and outside of his hometown.
    How would Ward be forced? Whens the last time a fighter who didn't need the money, was forced by his promoter to fight?

I don't think Jay Z has one iotta of power over Ward, certainly not legally. Ward has already proven that he is happy to just sit back and wait for a suitable fight.

I think Ward will eventually accept some decent/mediocre fight. Ward is already guaranteed a fee by Roc, so why not just take pennies from HBO for your tuneup? Ward needs to understand like Rigo, simply winning does not make you popular, powerful or give you influence.

Pac has lost plenty of times, but he is still the biggest after Floyd. The boxing public does not care for Ward right now, that is just the truth. We're not going to come running just cuz Ward is back, he will need to make a statement and capture our imagination. A big win against a big opponent is the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Imagine if he ends up headlining FNF in a few months?
      smh that would be sad

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
        How would Ward be forced? Whens the last time a fighter who didn't need the money, was forced by his promoter to fight?

I don't think Jay Z has one iotta of power over Ward, certainly not legally. Ward has already proven that he is happy to just sit back and wait for a suitable fight.

I think Ward will eventually accept some decent/mediocre fight. Ward is already guaranteed a fee by Roc, so why not just take pennies from HBO for your tuneup? Ward needs to understand like Rigo, simply winning does not make you popular, powerful or give you influence.

Pac has lost plenty of times, but he is still the biggest after Floyd. The boxing public does not care for Ward right now, that is just the truth. We're not going to come running just cuz Ward is back, he will need to make a statement and capture our imagination. A big win against a big opponent is the only way.
        If ward didn't need the money why would he be trying to get paid millions to fight bums? Why does he still have this illusion that Chavez Jr will fight him?Quite obvious he needs the money now if I offer you a contract for said number of fight and they're all underwhelming in terms of revenue then I'm forced to do something drastic to break even.Pretty sure kovalev doesn't have any fights booked at the moment.Nah though ward wants the big paydays to fight bums in Oakland.

Comment

Ward/RN could learn from Golovkin/K2. HBO offered a lower budget for the Murray/Monte Carlo fight and Golovkin/K2 took it.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
            could this be JayZ's first failed business venture?

everyone will tell you "JayZ has never failed, so this will not fail", flawed logic imo.
            Jay-z went bankrupt or was going bankrupt.. how has he never failed?

Comment

Originally posted by Undisput3d View Post
              If ward didn't need the money why would he be trying to get paid millions to fight bums? Why does he still have this illusion that Chavez Jr will fight him?Quite obvious he needs the money now if I offer you a contract for said number of fight and they're all underwhelming in terms of revenue then I'm forced to do something drastic to break even.Pretty sure kovalev doesn't have any fights booked at the moment.Nah though ward wants the big paydays to fight bums in Oakland.
              he's fighting pascal

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                he's fighting pascal
                Talk about staying active. That's what the **** I'm talkin about.Meanwhile Andre ward......

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Ward/RN could learn from Golovkin/K2. HBO offered a lower budget for the Murray/Monte Carlo fight and Golovkin/K2 took it.

Good interview concerning their plans for fights over the next couple of years.

Ward seems to want to make up for lost ground while at the same time being paid like he didn't.

I think the only way to get paid huge w/o the support of either prime-time network is fights overseas in somebody else's country. He could try independent PPV......but will most likely not go well.... unless Roc Nation promotes the crap out of it on all cylinders.

Comment

It takes more than MONEY to have a successful Boxing Promotion.

Also trying to break into the business stepping on the Top Promotions and Managers Toes, especially guys who has Power in the Industry was just STUPID on Jay Z and 50 Cent Part. This is not like Hip Hop/Music Industry! Jay Z is not going to defeat Al Haymon when it comes to Boxing because Haymon been doing this Longer and his track record is proven that he can get his fighters great Paydays and his finish Product is Mayweather, the Highest Paid Athlete In The World!

Jay Z focus should be 100% on making Ward a bigger Star, once he does that and he shows the rest of Boxing that it is benefits in signing with him then he can get things Rolling.

Trying to "TAKE HAYMON TALENT" was a AWFUL WAY to enter Boxing! It was the exact same mistake 50 Cent Made trying to get Mayweather to leave Haymon then trying to Beef with Oscar De La Hoya for No Reason
                    Last edited by sicko; 02-04-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

roc nation won't even last a year

^ I called it

Comment

Working...
                      X