No announcement yet.

George Groves to Hearn: "I'm not your whore"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Groves to Hearn: "I'm not your whore"

British super-middleweight George Groves has indicated that he will only fight long-term rival James DeGale if he is given the majority share of the purse.

Promoter Eddie Hearn, who represents DeGale, is keen to match the two fighters for the IBF title at some point in 2015, but Groves, who was awarded a narrow points decision in the first bout in 2011, has told Hearn to make him "a sensible offer".

The 26-year-old wrote on Sportslobster: "Wow @EddieHearn can talk some waffle. @jamesdegale1 in a 50/50? 10 steps forward and I've took 10 steps back. I haven't lost a round in my last 2 fights.

"James stopped a fat out of shape dude who showed up with no trainer. When I box, I sell out arenas or stadiums. When James boxes, he sells out his soul. I don't need to bow to you sir Eddie.

"I'm following my path and I'm not your whore. I'm happy to work hard for it, to gamble with it and to be patient with it. Make me a sensible offer."

Groves is currently the mandatory challenger for Anthony Dirrell's WBC title, while Hearn will announce DeGale's next opponent, which is expected to be Andre Dirrell, at a press conference on Tuesday.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/boxing/n...ch_202961.html

''I haven't lost a round in my last 2 fights''

Comment

The white Amir khan

Comment

Groves looked like absolute **** against Momma's boy, i think that punch from Froch has damaged Groves in the head. Periban might have been out of shape, but he's still way better than Denis Douglin & Christopher Rebrasse.

Groves just wants a big payday because he knows that if he comes up against Chunky, he's going to be in big trouble.

BTW George, it's Carl Froch who sells out stadiums, not you.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          ''I haven't lost a round in my last 2 fights''
          I was thinking about the Froch fights

Proves how memorable momma's boy and rebrasse were. Or not memorable.

GG is having a right go at Eddie and James at the moment on twitter. It's brilliant.

Comment

Comment

All kicking off on Twitter, this is brilliant.

George Groves retweeted
              Eddie Hearn @EddieHearn · 3h 3 hours ago

@StGeorgeGroves oooooh I say! A sensible offer? You can wait! You need to wake up from May 31st kiddo ***128536; #cobra'd

Comment

No....you're Carl Froch's whore.

Comment

Hearn can be a real slimeball at times. Likes to goad and control other fighters into doing what he wants. Tried to do it with Khan, Frampton and now Groves.

Comment

But Groves is right. He should get the majority of the money, as he is not the one who needs the fight, Degale is.

Groves won the first fight, and is the one who has had significant fights since, while Degale stalled and is now looking to breakout.

Why wouldn't Groves hold out for a bigger share? Anyone in his position would.

Comment

Working...
                    X