No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: It's 80-20 That Mayweather Fight Will Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Uh....I think he is saying those were the reasons that Floyd gave for the fight not happening before. Maybe, he is saying that he has addressed them in advance so they can't be used as excuses this time.

He agreed to testing last time but Floyd wanted him tested the day of the fight and they didn't want to do that. I'm assuming that he is using Arum's stepson as the promoter representing Top Rank for this attempt so Floyd can't use that one.
    Im not understanding how it's been so long and yet you guys still deny all the facts. Are you ignoring them? Mayweather initially did want testing even on the day of the fight. Pacquiao refused. He wanted a 30 day cut off. This in turn led to them needing a mediator to try and get the fight done. Mayweather backed off his stance of testing until the day of the fight and offered a 14 day cut off for testing. Pacquiao refused that offer and stood firm on a 24 day cut off. Originally Pacquiao wanted a 30 day cutoff.

So logically explain to me how it was such a big problem to submit to random drug testing until 14 days before the fight, but now there is no complete problem with any drug test Mayweather demands? Explain why Pacquiao at first wanted a 30 day cut off, then a 24 day cut off, but now he's willing to submit to any drug testing demands? Explain how Pacquiao was recorded taking a blood test for the Ricky Hatton fight 24 days before the fight, which was still past the 30 days he originally wanted? Explain why the hell he needs 24 days of no testing then but now he's ok with any demand? Come on someone explain. One of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      I stopped reading there. You need to rewatch that fight.
      It is a good thing you can read. Maybe too much reading is a problem for you. It usually is for forum posters who spew out opinion rather than facts. Trout was never even knocked down before. Canelo hurt him bad with a right hand. That fight became a lot interesting after that because it seems Trout was in survival mode but he was fighting better than he was before. He was taking more risks.

Trout never hurt Canelo. And I don't remember him landing anything significant. His best punch that fight was his left straight to the body. I remember the fight like yesterday. Trout lost. And a UD was justified. So you watch the fight again. I watched it enough. And all 3 judges seen the same thing I seen. Not only that but all sports analyst seen the same thing as well. All had Canelo winning the fight by UD. I guess they should all watch the fight again too.

Comment

• come on let the fight happen! its what boxing fans wants, its what boxing officials wants, its what boxing legends wants...can you hear what fans were shouting floyd jr? "Clippers fans heckle Floyd: Fight Pacquiao"

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz010311.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by tredh View Post
          The percentage part threw me off. Manny says if he wants it higher I am happy with that. I will take 40 to 60 I am ok with that for the sake of the fans.

Can someone try to explain that to me.
          That'w what stood out to me. Manny is fortunate to be getting 40% with the PPV numbers he's had recently.

Cannot believe this guy thinks he deserves more.

Comment

• He has no alibi - Blood testing is not a problem. Bob Arum the promoter is not a problem. There is no more problem.

Comment

• no more problem this time but chickenfloyd himself...if chickenfloyd doesn't want it, nobody, and nobody can force him to fight...he might even hang himself than fighting pacquiao...

but if it does, fine...

Comment

• If this fight does not happen Floyd's new name will be "Floyd "Manny" Mayweather"! Everywhere he'll go Manny chants will follow! Clippers game is a prequel to things! Haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  Floyd is his own boss...so it's not gonna happen unless he wants it to happen
                  Don't you miss the Tuna Melt days? How 'bout the Boat Builder days?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
                    That'w what stood out to me. Manny is fortunate to be getting 40% with the PPV numbers he's had recently.

Cannot believe this guy thinks he deserves more.
                    With gary coleman as your username and avi, everything above 4 feet should stood out to you

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                      Floyd bragging about doing 2.4 mil with Oscar is like Canelo taking credit for the 2.4 mil with Floyd... Although Canelo would actually have a better claim..he's Mexican and that was the group who mainly ordered the fight..
                      don't forget, Floyd always fight on mexican holidays, with mexican undercards (Canelo was on his undercard for quite a few years).

Comment

Working...
                      X