Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would defeating Margarito have done anything for Mayweathers legacy in retrospect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nope. everyone would have said 'bu-bu-bu margarito a slow footed come forward fighter of course floyd is going to beat him'

Comment

• Originally posted by HateBoxing View Post
      nope. everyone would have said 'bu-bu-bu margarito a slow footed come forward fighter of course floyd is going to beat him'
      I don't think anyone would have said that!!! If you saw the Cotto fight prior to Mosely beating him you would not be saying that. No one would have said that. If you think that your not as smart as you think!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        No you're right. The fight the world wanted to see was The P4P King versus a guy who'd just lost to Carlos Baldomir.
        Once again, you obviously was not paying attention back then. A highly anticipated fight that people were clamoring for. Even after the loss, people still wanted to see Judah/Floyd. You can try to deny it if you want, but I was very aware back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
          I don't think anyone would have said that!!! If you saw the Cotto fight prior to Mosely beating him you would not be saying that. No one would have said that. If you think that your not as smart as you think!!!
          Leftygunnz the co-founder of boxingscene first ever talk show.
          What's good my dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
            Here you go...
            which proves nothing. You can cherry pick hundreds of threads to make any argument.

Comment

What's good my dude.
              Whats good homie?? We should start up something again make the world fun!!!

Comment

• It would've been a good especially especially cuz Margarito was probably cheating at the time so a win against someone who turned out to be cheating is a good win, other than that I don't see why Margarito was better than any of the opponents that Floyd faced at WW.

Comment

• Originally posted by smoothsmg View Post
                  Once again, you obviously was not paying attention back then. A highly anticipated fight that people were clamoring for. Even after the loss, people still wanted to see Judah/Floyd. You can try to deny it if you want, but I was very aware back then.
                  It would be the equivalent of Pacquiao losing to Algieri and then getting the Mayweather fight. Sure, some people might still want to see it but its significance would be hugely diminished.

Comment

What's good my dude.
                    boat investments

Comment

• Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
                      Have you ever been bullied? Do you remember that one kid in school that everyone was afraid to fight? The guy that took everyone's lunch money and when he walked by everyone shut up....If so then you know how Margarito was thought of at the time......The Tijuana Tornado was just that!!! NON STOP PRESSURE punches from all angles......He may not be HOFer but at that time he was unstoppable....He had the style, the endurance, the chin and the heart to keep coming for 12 rounds and throw over 1000 punches. If you watched him you would have been scared for Floyd.

Floyd waited almost 16 months after Mosely beat Margarito to fight him and if you watch that right hand that landed almost crippled him from a 39 year old Mosely.

Floyd barely beat Oscar who at that point in his career was having trouble besting Steve Forbes he was too busy sniffing coke and dressing in fish nets

Floyd took on Hatton who was not allowed to fight on the inside by Joe Cortez which was Hatton's whole game when he fought. Floyd elbowed his way to a check hook win. To me besting a true WW a big WW in Margarito would be much more impressive than this win.

Styles make fights and if you are a boxing fan you know that TONY had the style needed to give Floyd sweats in bed.
                      What a ******ed post .

Manny fought both Mosley and Oscar AFTER Floyd , and both came of big wins unlike Manny where they came of dismal performances .

You got to be a dumb fck , Forbes was after Floyd and the fight before Manny and oscar was 20 lbs lighter than the version Floyd beat .

You ******s make up total BS as you go along , talk about hating you idiots take it to another level .

Comment

Working...
                      X