Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Will Not Be Rushed To Klitschko, Says Finkel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completely support this plan of action. I hope Wilder spends 2015 and 2016 building his skills and racking up title defenses. Antonio Tarver, Steve Cunningham, Lucas Browne, Tyson Fury, and Alexander Povetkin are all intriguing options. 2 defenses in 2015 and 3 more in 2016. By 2017, not only would Wilder be an established heavyweight force if he continues to win, but he'd also be a legitimate threat to Wladimir.

If I was a Wladimir fan, I would want Wilder to continue to build his stock. Wladimir would not get any credit if he was to beat Wilder in 2015. Wilder would be dismissed as green and unpolished. The belts shouldn't matter to Wladimir, he is already "the" champion of the division. He should be focused on legacy fights. In 2017, Wilder could be a legacy fight for him, in 2015 he'd be another Bryant Jennings.

Comment

Wilder is still very beatable. He could end up losing even if he doesn't get a fight with Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        I completely support this plan of action. I hope Wilder spends 2015 and 2016 building his skills and racking up title defenses. Antonio Tarver, Steve Cunningham, Lucas Browne, Tyson Fury, and Alexander Povetkin are all intriguing options. 2 defenses in 2015 and 3 more in 2016. By 2017, not only would Wilder be an established heavyweight force if he continues to win, but he'd also be a legitimate threat to Wladimir.

If I was a Wladimir fan, I would want Wilder to continue to build his stock. Wladimir would not get any credit if he was to beat Wilder in 2015. Wilder would be dismissed as green and unpolished. The belts shouldn't matter to Wladimir, he is already "the" champion of the division. He should be focused on legacy fights. In 2017, Wilder could be a legacy fight for him, in 2015 he'd be another Bryant Jennings.
        If Wlad needs a legacy fight at 41 then he his profile will be not much higher than it is at the moment in North America. By this time he will be about to pass Joe Louis for title reign length and could be close to passing his defense record. I'm not sure his chin and reflexes will good enough to make it that far. Old fighters tend to fall off a cliff suddenly when it comes to conditioning and speed.

Comment

Bwhhahahahaha of course he won't!

Hahahaha. Yes, he's a "champion" yet he's "still a work in progress."

Everybody knows he's not a champion, and nobody cosniders him a HW cham... Only ONE MAN holds that recognition.

My guess is we'll have Wilder vs. Owen "What the Heck" Beck II next.

Then we'll have Gaver/Wilder II...

Then... just maybe... MAYBE... We'll have Wilder vs. the mighty Spizlka! OR even Chisora!

LOL! The daft, chicken-legged, chinless windmiller will prolly avoid guys like Pulev, Povetkin, and even Cunningham.

Comment

I totally wouldn't mind a Tarver or Cunningham fight in AL, so I can go. But after that, needs to be a legitimate contender.

Comment

Sad! So basically what he's saying is get your $ 2gether - title fight for the highest bidder ! Let's see who's out there:
              David Price
              Chris Arreola
              Stiverne rematch
              Szpilka
              Bryan t Jennings
              Mike Perez
              Tyson Fury
              Eddie Chambers
              David Haye
              Wlad K
              Alexander Povetken
              Manuel Charr
              Tony Thompson
              OlLanier Solice
              King Kong Cuban guy (forgot his name)
              Andy Ruiz
              Lucas Browne
              Kubrat Pulev
              Shannon Briggs
              Amir Mansour
              Steve SS Cunningham
              Czar Glaskov
              Joseph Parker
              Anthony Joshua

Might be missing a few - add to the list if I am

Comment

Another pathetic paper titleist indicative of this weak era.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  No issue with it. HW division needs some life not just a big fight
                  I agree with this.

Plus Wilder is still developing. (and getting better)

Comment

Thats what you hear from a contender & thats the type of opponent(s) he shouldve faced before winning a paper title..............

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      I completely support this plan of action.

If I was a Wladimir fan, I would want Wilder to continue to build his stock. Wladimir would not get any credit if he was to beat Wilder in 2015. Wilder would be dismissed as green and unpolished. The belts shouldn't matter to Wladimir, he is already "the" champion in the division.
                      Youre a fu.ckin tool! Gtfoh kid.....

Comment

Working...
                      X