Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Will Not Be Rushed To Klitschko, Says Finkel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eat a **** Finkel. His time to "grow" was before he won a heavyweight title. Now either fight the best or screw off.

Comment

Why would anyone want Wilder to rush into a Klitschko fight? He should defend his title a couple times against the likes of Fury, etc., and THEN fight Klitschko. Dude had had one real test so far as a pro, absolutely no reason to go directly into a Klitschko fight.

Comment

Finkel having said all that (it's no surprise) I think Team Wilder selects someone like Lucas Browne for his first fight. Since #1 mando Jennings is going in another direction with a fight against Wlad, it makes sense for Wilder to have an optional soft opponent for his first defense. With Lucas Browne you gonna get a charismatic opponent, who's a big puncher, is very determined but somewhat limited in the boxing skills department. Also, Wilder and Browne have trading barbs in the past year so they have kind of a history or burgeoning rivalry

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Eat a **** Finkel. His time to "grow" was before he won a heavyweight title. Now either fight the best or screw off.
          Actually, and ironically, you could call it the Gerald McClellan plan: your boy won his first title and had four fights over the next 18 months without once defending it, fighting journeymen who were nowhere near contender status.

I guess he wanted to "grow" a bit after winning the title.

SMH

Comment

The fight racket was once about a world of brave, sometime skilled, adventurous men seeking genuine competition and potential fortune in an angry, dangerous sport.

It is now primarily about seeking wealth. The fans allow it to happen and therefore other less talented Mayweather's will surely heed the call.
            Being good is great but being shrewd is obviously better.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
              Actually, and ironically, you could call it the Gerald McClellan plan: your boy won his first title and had four fights over the next 18 months without once defending it, fighting journeymen who were nowhere near contender status.

I guess he wanted to "grow" a bit after winning the title.

SMH
              That has what at all to do with this? Must of just wanted to get that off your chest huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                That has what at all to do with this? Must of just wanted to get that off your chest huh?
                It has to do with what is expected of a champion after he wins a belt. If it's good enough for your idol, it should be good enough for those you hate on.

Comment

I'm not surprised. Wilder just isn't ready for Wlad, and honestly if Wlad hasn't declined, I'm not sure if Wilder will ever be ready.

Comment

All in all Deontay Wilder isn't a champion. He's a titlist in the division ruled by WK. In the hands of Wilder the WBC title is nothing more than a regional title that Showtime and the American boxing journalist will pretend actually matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                      I'm not surprised. Wilder just isn't ready for Wlad, and honestly if Wlad hasn't declined, I'm not sure if Wilder will ever be ready.
                      It's farcial how this situation even came about.

Someone with an agenda, money and influence on the WBC orchestrated this to happen.

The belts were never about to be unified when Vitali, they were always gonna be ripped off.

Comment

Working...
                      X