No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Will Not Be Rushed To Klitschko, Says Finkel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
    Why would anyone want Wilder to rush into a Klitschko fight? He should defend his title a couple times against the likes of Fury, etc., and THEN fight Klitschko. Dude had had one real test so far as a pro, absolutely no reason to go directly into a Klitschko fight.
    I concur, let's see him against guys like Fury, Haye, etc prior to Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
      It has to do with what is expected of a champion after he wins a belt. If it's good enough for your idol, it should be good enough for those you hate on.

1. I have no idol
      2. When have I said it was ok for Gerald?

I want to see the best fight the best no matter who it is. Seems like you thought I was a different type of fan. SMH

Comment

We all know he isn't ready yet so why rush it? It will happen at some point.

Comment

I don't think it would be fair to put a guy with one title fight in with a guy who has had 20. I understand that it upsets people to see a guy not jumping in against the lineal champion right away, but he really does need more seasoning. It's not fair to either guy. If Wlad beats him at this point, he won't get any credit.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            Why would anyone want Wilder to rush into a Klitschko fight? He should defend his title a couple times against the likes of Fury, etc., and THEN fight Klitschko. Dude had had one real test so far as a pro, absolutely no reason to go directly into a Klitschko fight.
            Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
            I concur, let's see him against guys like Fury, Haye, etc prior to Klitschko.
            There's no guarantee that Wilder beats Fury at this point; in fact, I see this as a 50/50 fight at the moment.

I think Team Wilder should someone like Lucas Browne for his first fight. Since #1 mando Jennings is going in another direction with a fight against Wlad, it makes sense for Wilder to have an optional soft opponent for his first defense. With Lucas Browne you gonna get a charismatic opponent, who's a big puncher, is very determined but somewhat limited in the boxing skills department. Also, Wilder and Browne have trading barbs in the past year so they have kind of a history or burgeoning rivalry

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
              I don't think it would be fair to put a guy with one title fight in with a guy who has had 20. I understand that it upsets people to see a guy not jumping in against the lineal champion right away, but he really does need more seasoning. It's not fair to either guy. If Wlad beats him at this point, he won't get any credit.
              Wladimir could beat Godzilla and still not get any credit so what's the difference!

Comment

Its obvious they are grooming Wilder in the "Floyd Mayweather cherry pick, duck all threats" way of boxing. 33 fights and still needs grooming??? GTFOH with that BS! By saying this they are basically admitting that he has been fighting bums and tomato cans for his first 32 fights! They will keep him away from that big white boy as long as they can, maybe fight wlad when hes 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  1. I have no idol
                  2. When have I said it was ok for Gerald?

I want to see the best fight the best no matter who it is. Seems like you thought I was a different type of fan. SMH
                  1. Of course not. It's 100 percent random that the only two pics that show up when you post are of the same guy.

2. If you feel so strongly about how a champion should conduct himself, you should probably pick a different idol.

I will promise you this, Wilder's first fight after winning the title will surely be against someone with credentials that are better than Lester Yarbrough (12-17-1) ... who happened to be McClellan's.

I'm glad you a different type of fan. We need all types.

Comment

Originally posted by SintilatingDTS View Post
                    Pure BS. Once you have the title you must fight the best, the grooming/developing days are officially over.
                    this, if not. what's the point of fighting for the wbc belt if you are not ready to be a champion?

Comment

Once you get a world championship belt you are supposed to be one of the very best in the world and should be able to defend it against the best fighters to defend it. Even if you lose at least the fans get to see the best fights. Look when fighters lose to pacquiao and mayweather, they really don't drop in the rankings. Chris algieri is still who number 1 and ring number 3. Maidana stayed a top 5 we after the first fight. What I'm saying is if the best fight the best they will still be at the top if they lose, they are better off risking it for the fans because they can always go fight those bum fighters after losing a big fight, instead of fighting the lesser fighters before facing another top opponent. The fans want to see the best fighting the best and that's how boxing will become a big sport again. It starts with mayweather stop ducking pacquiao #sign the contract

Comment

Working...
                      X