Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How good was Ron Lyle?

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
      Don't know what you're going by but most of the people who hate Wlad on NSB seem to hate Golovkin too. They switch gears to "he's beating bums from europe and australia".
      What a pathetic attempt to make it a race thing. You just can't get why people don't want to watch a guy who's bigger and stronger hug, clinch, lean, jab & grab his way to victory.

As for the OP, I agree Pulev was not the best but I also think Klitschko has beaten some pretty decent heavyweights. And he's beaten the ones that were considered his biggest threats, what else can he do?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        How good was Ron Lyle?
        Underrated IMO.

His fight vs Shavers showed him at his best IMO.

Comment

Leapai is not fat? He certainly don't like a professional athlete to me and he gassed inside a minute lol
          He looks and fights like a dumpy powerlifter

I can't believe people genuine delude themselves to talking up such an awful mismatch and fighter. The guy got smashed to bits by Travis Walkers corpse until the ref jumped in prematurely! He was KTFO by Kevin ''Safety pin'' Johnson ffs that tells anyone all they need to know.
          He is worse than Mormeck, the worst opponent Wladimir has faced in over 10 years. It makes me cringe like crazy that Wladimir called for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Leapai is not fat? He certainly don't like a professional athlete to me and he gassed inside a minute lol
            He looks and fights like a dumpy powerlifter

I can't believe people genuine delude themselves to talking up such an awful mismatch and fighter. The guy got smashed to bits by Travis Walkers corpse until the ref jumped in prematurely! He was KTFO by Kevin ''Safety pin'' Johnson ffs that tells anyone all they need to know.
            He is worse than Mormeck, the worst opponent Wladimir has faced in over 10 years. It makes me cringe like crazy that Wladimir called for that fight.
            Leapai was mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Underrated IMO.

His fight vs Shavers showed him at his best IMO.
              Would he beat Povetkin, Pulev though? Would Young?

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                boy you smoking. holyfield from 92 would kill every dude you just named.

Thompson wouldn't make it out of round one against a 19 year old mike Tyson

hell 45 year old George foreman would have beat the **** out of ibragimov and chagaev.

there are no hall of fame fighters in this era except the klitchko brothers.
                You are too LOW IQ to comprehend that "Hall of fame" is subjective.

You are also unable to grasp the fact that if there is one dominant heavyweight who is constant, nobody can move up and become a "great" fighter unless they go through him.

Hence why there are no great or HOF fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
                  Same here.. I love watching Golovkin and get excited before a Wlad fight but am always let down by his lack of skill as a heavyweight... He is all size.. Clinch,wrestle and for all that size and power so tentative which is why he will never be remembered as a great champion other than to Klitlickers

earlier there was a thread about who is better..Wlad or Lewis...

the comparison is totally disrespectful to Lewis.Imagine if Lewis fought Eddie Chambers.Do you think Emmanuel Steward would have had to smack Lewis around in the corner after the 11th round telling him to go for the ko because he was really embarrassed,no because Chambers would be lucky to make round 2.. Wlad has three weapons in his entire arsenal Jab,straight right after about the third round after you can clearly see the brown stain emerging from his behind and the mighty clinch

Lewis was a beast,he'd jab,move around better than Wlad,trade when hurt and even fight in the clinches something Wladimir can't do at all...Lewis's uppercut was sensational,something I've never seen Wlad use "because its too risky"

Wladimir is an embarrassment to the heavyweight division but his nutthuggers are even worse

and now the giant coward is fighting two bums in a row when he has some nice opponents waiting
                  I can just see the hate oozing out of this post.

Comment

[QUOTE=bluebeam;15320567]
                    Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post

you cant find one person in all of boxing who would agree with you that ibragimov,thompson,chambers,pulev,povetkin are excellent boxers who beat quality opposition. please name that high quality opposition. I have heard it all now. sultan ibragimov is an excellent boxer. you lost all credibility with that statement.

old and faded larry holmes was better than tony Thompson on his best day. just too touch on your Tyson point.

not one of those fighters you named will make the hall of fame and we are in a era where everybody gets in. can you name the fighters that wlad fought that will make the hall? the answer is zero and a possible. david haye is the only guy who has a shot too get in. and that's because of his cruiserweight tenure. he is the one possible. half the dudes you named never even became a world champion, yet you have them making the hall of fame.

and you just said that in a era where they are many hall of famers too fight, nobody was really good because they wouldn't have allowed other potential all time great fighters too shine.

that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard anybody say.

according too you. hearns,duran,hagler,and leonard are not really good because they allowed each other too shine. that is the dumbest logic I ever heard.

great fighters are measured by what other great fighters they fought.

every guy that's considered all time fought somebody who was also considered all time.

wlad cant say that. and no tony Thompson doesn't count

Jesus F'n Christ, does this guy have a Hall of fame fetish or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                      You are too LOW IQ to comprehend that "Hall of fame" is subjective.

You are also unable to grasp the fact that if there is one dominant heavyweight who is constant, nobody can move up and become a "great" fighter unless they go through him.

Hence why there are no great or HOF fighters.
                      this is your contirbution.. obvious Eastern Euro dickrider in the house.. go home pal

Comment

Working...
                      X