Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon with wayyyyy more news coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets say this start today , lets call it PBA (Pro Boxing Alliance), All Haymon contract fighters holding a WBC, WBA, WBO, and IBF belts will have to give up the belt right so we going to have so many new champions in 2015

Comment

• i don't know. Clearly Haymon will benefit the most for having his own "league". Just like Dana White cleans up. If the matchups are good, cool. Obviously everything is going to be in-house fights (where are all those people that complained about Bob only doing in house lol). Its a game changer for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        So how is the best going to fight the best, when the al haymon clan will only fight inhouse?
        These are more FAN IDEAS/ASSUMPTIONS, none of this is official so everybody need to CALM DOWN lol

This thing is just getting started, they haven't even had their first EVENT YET! RELAX

Also as I posted in that same Post "I Don't Think That Is The Way He Will Do Business", we really don't know at this point. But I do think the VERY LONG TERM Goal is PROBABLY to get all the fighters under 1 Roof

AGAIN, FIGHTERS WILL FOLLOW THE MONEY! So if things are going well and fighters are getting paid handsomely and is very happy under Haymon then ultimately more fighters will follow VOLUNTARILY!
        Last edited by sicko; 01-17-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
          Well you just answered you're own question. Numbers are down in general because they can't create new stars.

UFC from 2005 (when they got big) until 2011 (when they bought strikeforce)

= a ton of significant fights not happening since they refused to co-promote and instead poached talent and helped run other promoters out of business.

Since then they control 90% of the market, yet PPV, ratings, gates are all down. They were once seen as innovators and now they look like they are out of ideas.

Haymon is not even a real promoter, so no this won't work. One thing i'll give Haymon compared to the UFC is that he pays his guys.

If this happens it will be the cold war x10.

You have to be -blind- or a fanboy not to understand this. Now if Haymon was open to working with others then it's completely different.
          Way more talent in Boxing than it is in MMA to be honest so you like others are reaching with that AWFUL COMPARISON! Haymon current Roster Right now has more talent than UFC does. Also, again OTHER FIGHTERS WILL FOLLOW TO HAYMON because of $$$. I know we love to lie to ourselves and think fighters fight for Pride only and Money is not their #1 Motivation but...THAT IS 100% BULL****! These guys got families to feed so MONEY very important and most of them want to make as much of it as they can every time they fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by orechia View Post
            Haymon is currently in negotiations with:
            CBS, CBS SportsNet & S P I K E TV
            He is doing more then bringing Boxing back to network TV.

The PBC will soon be announced as a league and no fighters in it will be part of WBC, WBA etc.

With his own league The Ali Act will no longer apply
            as there are no "promoters" much like the UFC or WWE. Fighters will sign Non-Compete Clauses and will have guaranteed purses and percentage of event profits built into contracts.

Think everyone should take notice...guy is trying something. Good or bad....we are gonna see good fights on regular TV and soon more then on just NBC. What I find interesting is the 2 biggest networks known for sports:

ABC/ESPN & Fox

Are not involved. I see Haymon planning on starting a legit sports league on both NBC and CBS and in 2 years when the contracts are up the prayer is the 2 sports networks bid like crazy against each other for all the rights.
            this statement is the dumbest thing I've heard all year........

Comment

• If it's free boxing on prime time, can't complain.

I've found a way to enjoy mismatches -- root for the Salkas and hope for upsets. I enjoyed seeing Thurman run for his life in his last fight. Hehe...

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Way more talent in Boxing than it is in MMA to be honest so you like others are reaching with that AWFUL COMPARISON! Haymon current Roster Right now has more talent than UFC does. Also, again OTHER FIGHTERS WILL FOLLOW TO HAYMON because of $$$. I know we love to lie to ourselves and think fighters fight for Pride only and Money is not their #1 Motivation but...THAT IS 100% BULL****! These guys got families to feed so MONEY very important and most of them want to make as much of it as they can every time they fight.
                what does that mean? if you look at the top 10 in every division the ufc has about 9 out of the top 10 fighters. haymon has 3-4 in a couple divisions but in some he has 1-2 at most. if other boxers don't sign with him his little league won't work.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  what does that mean? if you look at the top 10 in every division the ufc has about 9 out of the top 10 fighters. haymon has 3-4 in a couple divisions but in some he has 1-2 at most. if other boxers don't sign with him his little league won't work.
                  You talking about CONTENDERS, I'm talkin about TALENT!

Only talent I see right now in the UFC as far as appealing to casual fans are:

Jon Jones
                  Anthony Pettis
                  Conner McGregor
                  Jose Aldo
                  Cain Velazquez

maybe a few others I'm forgetting at the moment.

Haymon has a loaded roster of both Veterans and young prospects especially in the MONEY DIVISIONS which are Light Welterweight 140 on up to 154 Light Middleweight. Boxing has more of a HISTORY and more of a CONSISTENT FOLLOWING and a Bigger Follow WORLD WIDE. Having a Network that reaches more Homes than HBO and Showtime Helps showcase and build up more stars in the sport.

Comment

• sounds like it will just be one more belt to add into the mix

Comment

• Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                      Creating their own belts? Limiting fighters to only fight other fighters in the PBC?

No thanks.
                      Yeah he already has fighters getting gift decisions.. I said this years ago Haymon is trying to do a UFC model in boxing, he sacrificed giving fighters big money only because that is what you do in business you take a loss to take a chance that could pay off, and him taking a smaller cut but buying up over 140 fighters means once he gets them under contract he can pay them 50k to show and 50k to win while he becomes a billionaire.

But some guys here are so race bias and will never criticize Haymon not realizing or just ignore the fact he is the true slave master owner here.

At the end of the day guys like Pacquiao and Ward and Canelo and GGG will look like the smart ones for not following the pack and signing to Haymon, these fighters need to realize if something is too good to be true it usually is.

Comment

Working...
                      X