No announcement yet.

Rumor is rigo is flying to Las Vegas to confront Leo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
    Pac and Floyd fight guys who weight 15-20 pounds more than them on fight night?

And I remember Rigo saying there's no way he'd fight at 126... I just lost a little respect for him after that, and don't put as much stock into "everybody ducking him."
    yes they do, but the using a very nice tool, the catch weight equalizer, and there's the trick, those 15 pounds are earned the hard way

Comment

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
      But how can you be a pound for pound badass without taking that risk?
      Ask Marvelous Marvin Hagler

I have it on record that Walters wants nothing to do with Rigo and neither does his promoter Arum . . . it is easily available information.

Comment

lol Rigo fanboys making excuses. "He to small doe" lol I laugh at people on here when they say ****** **** like "rigo is the greatest talent I ever seen" . The guy cant even move up 4 fckng pounds. Walters would do this guy worst than he did Donaire and rigo fanboys know it. **** Loma might even knock this glass jaw out.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Herschel View Post
          Ask Marvelous Marvin Hagler

I have it on record that Walters wants nothing to do with Rigo and neither does his promoter Arum . . . it is easily available information.
          lol YEAH cuz Rigo's resume is anything close to Hagler's. LMFAO GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
            lol Rigo fanboys making excuses. "He to small doe" lol I laugh at people on here when they say ****** **** like "rigo is the greatest talent I ever seen" . The guy cant even move up 4 fckng pounds. Walters would do this guy worst than he did Donaire and rigo fanboys know it. **** Loma might even knock this glass jaw out.
            Dude. Your a Santa Cruz fan. Shouldn't you be getting pumped for his sparring session this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Good post. I'm surprised people still don't realize this. Featherweights weigh 138 on fight night. That's a 10-15 pound weight disadvantage.

Rigo is a 118 fighter campaigning at 122 right now. In reality he's already moved up a weight division.
              ^^^This.
              Rigo is a naturally small bantamweight . . . even at 118 he would be dwarfed by some top titlists. His high fight IQ and athleticism enables him to fight so effectively at super bantam and he is more than willing to take on all challengers. We can ask no more of him becuase at 34 years of age he is as big as he could ever hope to be . . . unlike some 21 yr old Adrian Broner for example who moved up from super feather and rightly so.

Comment

Originally posted by VAGAB0ND View Post
                This proves the point a lot of us are trying to make, . Rigondeaux weights 125 on fight night, Walters, Lomachenko, and Russell all weighed 138 on fight night. That's a 13 pound weight disadvantage for Rigondeaux. Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao have fought at 15+ pound weight disadvantages multiple times. If Rigondeaux is sooooo great why can't he do it?
                The answer is simple . . . all the aforementioned boxers have publicly stated that they don't think a fight with Rigo is good business or that he is too boring for them to face. So not one of them has taken any genuine interest in making a fight with him (PERIOD)

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                  I think Rigo fans want him to move up but want him to at least takeout the popular Leo under him. It's the same thing with GGG. Why should GGG move up to 168 for Ward when Canelo and Cotto are at and under his weight. It just makes more since to fight at your current weight for the high dollar fights and then move up to bigger and better things

Comment

We all know Leo is afraid to fight anyone with a pulse... but is Rigo afraid to challenge himself by moving up 4 pounds?

I mean, according to his fans Rigo is constantly fighting giants and LWW's come fight night, what would be the difference if he moves up 4 pounds and his FW opponents come in at the same weight as a 142 lbs Donaire or A****sa? He could neutralize and beat down a LWW Donaire, don't you think he could beat other FW's who don't even make it to 140? Or is Rigo playing it safe and trying to secure fights at 122 since the division isn't as deep as 126?

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                      We all know Leo is afraid to fight anyone with a pulse... but is Rigo afraid to challenge himself by moving up 4 pounds?

I mean, according to his fans Rigo is constantly fighting giants and LWW's come fight night, what would be the difference if he moves up 4 pounds and his FW opponents come in at the same weight as a 142 lbs Donaire or A****sa? He could neutralize and beat down a LWW Donaire, don't you think he could beat other FW's who don't even make it to 140? Or is Rigo playing it safe and trying to secure fights at 122 since the division isn't as deep as 126?
                      Since when has Donaire weighted 142? First off they don't do fight night weights in NY. Secondly, he only rehydrated to 133 against Walters. Donaire got embarrassed and used the weight as an excuse to move up only to realize he was too small for featherweight and now he has to come back down.

Comment

Working...
                      X