No announcement yet.

Rumor is rigo is flying to Las Vegas to confront Leo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
    Rigo fan, but why isn't he willing to move up just four pounds to fight the featherweights?

Walters would fight him, guaranteed.

But Rigo refuses to entertain the idea?

Isn't that what all pound for pound greats do? Pacquiao, Mayweather? Sometimes you gotta move up in weight and go after the biggest baddest m-****er there s.
    It's not just about moving up 4 pounds. Those guys @ 126 and more taller and hit a lot harder. Rigo is smart, he saw what happens to people who go up in weight too much (Gamboa).

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Rigo is already small. The smaller you are the more the weight matters. Going from 147 to 154 isn't that much but from 122 to 126 is when you only rehydrate to about 126. Especially when 126 guys rehydrate to 140+

But with that said I'm pretty sure he's said he'll fight 126 guys
      In one night?

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        In one night?
        ***in right. All in Japan too. Real life Godzilla

Comment

Think it's a little unfair to keep asking Rigo to move up. The guys north of his division are big dudes compared to him. It's not his fault no one wants to fight him. I think the first out of the super bantams to step up will be Frampton once he beats Quigg. Shame though, thats still a while away.

I get the feeling that LSC will eventually retire without fighting any of the decent names kiko/rigo/frampton/quigg

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
            It's not just about moving up 4 pounds. Those guys @ 126 and more taller and hit a lot harder. Rigo is smart, he saw what happens to people who go up in weight too much (Gamboa).
            But how can you be a pound for pound badass without taking that risk?

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              Rigo is already small. The smaller you are the more the weight matters. Going from 147 to 154 isn't that much but from 122 to 126 is when you only rehydrate to about 126. Especially when 126 guys rehydrate to 140+

But with that said I'm pretty sure he's said he'll fight 126 guys
              Pac and Floyd fight guys who weight 15-20 pounds more than them on fight night?

And I remember Rigo saying there's no way he'd fight at 126... I just lost a little respect for him after that, and don't put as much stock into "everybody ducking him."

Comment

Originally posted by CLUNG3-TANK View Post
                Think it's a little unfair to keep asking Rigo to move up. The guys north of his division are big dudes compared to him. It's not his fault no one wants to fight him. I think the first out of the super bantams to step up will be Frampton once he beats Quigg. Shame though, thats still a while away.

I get the feeling that LSC will eventually retire without fighting any of the decent names kiko/rigo/frampton/quigg
                Not really... Every other fighter has done it to secure big fights...

Yeah - guys in his division don't wanna fight him - so move up and secure a bigger fight.

That's what pound for pound badasses do.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUNG3-TANK View Post

Not any less fair than asking GGG or Ward to move up. I have no issue with them staying at their current weight.

What I do have an issue with is people saying "Rigo doesn't move up because the FWs would duck him just the same" and giving Rigo fantasy wins over Walters, Loma etc on that basis.

Comment

Rigo looks closer to a weight class under than up... It's not like Ward who has good size or GGG. The guys at those low weight classes tend to cut a lot. Rigo consistantly already looks on the small side vs everyone he fights and he's lean as all hell. Walters is legitimately a lot bigger.

I'm fine with guys dominating their weight class but it's embarassing how Rigo is ducked. He's got the biggest win of anyone there and is indisputeably the man there yet people still duck him. I'm not sure we've seen a division outright avoid the top guy there in quite some time.

Comment

Poor Leo, he might faint when he sees his worst nightmare in person:

Comment

Working...
                      X