Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RN are desperate to get their foot in the door, i guess they thought overpaying will pay in the long run

however if they carry on like this, they will not last long.

now the issue will arise with who can they find for ward to fight and can ward really be lucrative?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Well there you go his networth is just over half a billion.

Definitely no where close to billions.
      I'm laughing at JayZ thinking he can sign Adrien "about billions" Broner when he's not even a billionaire himself. SHOW HIM THE BILLIONS GOD DAMMIT

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
        They bought out his contract. They definitely over paid him by a long shot, even HBO overpaid the guy. HBO gave the guy 2 million for a mandatory fight which bombed on free TV, nobody watched it, meanwhile they only paid GGG $300k for the highest rated show of the year.
        Ward-Rodriguez bombed?
        It was the 11th-most watched fight of 2013. Not too shabby for a "tune-up".
        http://sports.yahoo.com/news/despite...204009683.html

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          You are a ****** alt...shut the **** up..Jay z is a ****ing billionaire
          no he's not

his net worth combined with his wife pushes him around the billion mark

estimated net worth and being an actual billionaire are two different things

also dre is the richest rapper and he's not even a billionaire, so not sure how jayz is one?

larry please go back to school

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Yeah I can't believe they paid Ward that much for fighting bum ass Rodriguez
            Bradley is getting more than that vs guys like Chavez. And op broner is still a draw. Does seem like they're over paying tho but I'm sure they have the funds

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              now the issue will arise with who can they find for ward to fight and can ward really be lucrative?
              The answer is no

Froch is only interested in a retirement fight with Chavez JR in Las Vegas

A. Stevenson is an Al Haymon guy and is terrified of any real competition

Sergei Kovalev is available at 175, but are they willing to gamble away their top investment by putting him in with an absolute monster like Kovalev?

Its just a rich guy ticking boxing promoter off his bucket list IMO

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                no he's not

his net worth combined with his wife pushes him around the billion mark

estimated net worth and being an actual billionaire are two different things

also dre is the richest rapper and he's not even a billionaire, so not sure how jayz is one?

larry please go back to school

He's extremely rich regardless. I think it's funny how people act like he doesn't have a lot of money when they themselves probably don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Ward-Rodriguez bombed?
                  It was the 11th-most watched fight of 2013. Not too shabby for a "tune-up".
                  http://sports.yahoo.com/news/despite...204009683.html
                  He was out viewed by Bernard Hopkins, the same Bernard Hopkins who literally did 40k on PPV against Chad Dawson.

nice try though

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    He's extremely rich regardless. I think it's funny how people act like he doesn't have a lot of money when they themselves probably don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out.
                    doesnt matter how rich you are, no company can survive long when working at a loss, there comes a point when you call it quits before you really find urself in a hole

people think just because someone is worth 500 mil they are willing to pour money down into a failing business

the question is how long will jayz last working at a loss, paying all these people to work for him, overpaying for boxers etc

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
                      The answer is no

Froch is only interested in a retirement fight with Chavez JR in Las Vegas

A. Stevenson is an Al Haymon guy and is terrified of any real competition

Sergei Kovalev is available at 175, but are they willing to gamble away their top investment by putting him in with an absolute monster like Kovalev?

Its just a rich guy ticking boxing promoter off his bucket list IMO
                      The Kov gamble could pay off, but even so, i think Ward needs a number of fights before moving up to 175.

I dont see anywhere else he can go.

Comment

Working...
                      X