No announcement yet.

Froch v GGG who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    GGG wouldn't fight Froch anyway, he's happy feasting on bums in the MW division. He's only calling out Froch because he knows that Carl only has one/two fights left and is looking to cash out & thus wants bigger fish.
    Chavez vs Vera 2 didn't even come close to selling out meanwhile Golovkin's last fight was sold out months in advance and K2 had to increase the arena capacity to fit more people in.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
      Chavez vs Vera 2 didn't even come close to selling out meanwhile Golovkin's last fight was sold out months in advance and K2 had to increase the arena capacity to fit more people in.
      I agree that people underestimate his pulling power considering who he is fighting he is getting good numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
        Chavez is a PPV fighter, Golovkin isn't (yet)

Comment

Phenomenal fight! My favourite that can be made in boxing today.

I would choose GGG by TKO in late rounds (11 or 12).

But it is dangerous fight. It can take a lot from both fighters. It would be as brutal as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
            This is true but it's one thing putting Carl down and another keeping him down/making him quit. Even the best of chins can be cracked that's for sure and I do favor GGG in the fight but only barely and froch can crack too and is the bigger man with more proven pro record so I don't see GGG walking through his shots and completely intimating him with his power etc like he can to the guys at 160. I see it going into the late rounds and who knows how the extra weight would affect GGG then?
            I agree on that - can't see GGG going through Carl as he does with MW's. However I don't agree that Carl wouldn't care about GGG's punches.

Comment

gotta go with the proven fighter here and that's Froch.

Comment

A PPV fighter who can't sell out an arena? Maybe the fact that he was fighting the undisputed MW champion at the time was the reason it was PPV worthy?

Comment

Which is why I don't understand why Golovkin gets so much flack for wanting to fight Chavez before Ward. Let him test the waters first before he jumps in with Ward (whenever it may be possible to actually get in the ring with him). It's the same thing with Lara. I want to see Golovkin fight him but I want to see Lara at 160 first so as to alleviate any excuses that if he loses, it wasn't because it was a weight he had never fought at. If he moves up and defeats a credible MW, then that fight becomes more reasonable. As I see now though, however skilled Lara may be, and he is, if Gennady just so happens to go through him as he's been doing everyone else, I can see the excuses coming that he was just another blown up JMW. But I digress. Back to Chavez and Ward. It would behoove GGG to fight someone at SMW before Ward, so as to see how he acclimates to the weight. Chavez would be ideal especially to see how Golovkin's power translates against the sturdiest opponent there probably is. Fighting Chavez isn't a duck on GGG's part; hell, Ward wanted to fight him too. Does that mean he was ducking other challengers in LHW? No. Money talks. It would be beneficial for Golovkin/Ward if at least one of them had a PPV fight. If Golovkin gets it first, so be it. I want to see this fight just as much as anyone else, but certain things have to happen first (which have been debated ad nauseum at this point) for this fight to start becoming more realistic.

Comment

Working...
                  X