Anyone Watch The UFC Last Night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Is there any problem if other people are following "combat sports" (other than boxing)?
      there's a problem with them starting threads about it on a "non stop boxing" message board, yeah. you wouldn't start a thread about cricket on a football forum, would you?

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
        That used to be GSP before. Never took chances, always won a decision, was quite complete and won nearly every round of every fight.
        Haha, I heard someone say once regarding his role in Avengers "Remember when he used to fight like that in the UFC?"

HAHA

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
          i thought he might get his leg broke doing that, but apparently he gave no fuccs lol

Comment

• I Don't watch UFC

Comment

• The main event wasn't so bad, the first 2 and a half rounds weer good, actually they were very good, some of the best UFC rounds I've seen in a while. Problem is, both men started to gas, Jones being younger retained more aggression and intensity and managed to edge the rounds in which Carmier did ****.

The end was just disappointing.

Comment

• I used to enjoy the sport, not so much anymore. I will still watch a big fight but If It comes down to an HBO/Showtime card or a UFC fight I am taking boxing everytime.

I recall talk of how boxing was a dying sport and how the UFC was taking over. Does anyone have any numbers on UFC PPV sales? It seems that the UFC Is not doing as well as It once was when they had stars such as Liddell, Ortiz and Couture although I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                  I'm not surprised. Boxing is rarely seen and you'd be lucky to get 2 cards in a month. It's infested with ducks and chickens and Haymon fighters.
                  Originally posted by mikinoki View Post
                  hope they make that much cuz the deserve it for making the fight and dana said the ppv was over the 750k they were expecting.....
                  Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Of course boxing fans are not happy. UFC 182 raised it's PPV price by $5... Sold more units than the last TBE's fight...
                  Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                  It's a sport people here are so crazy about, or pretend to. It's seen at an average of 2 fight events per month on 2 networks. 24 fights or less in a 365 days year. Which means the rest of the 341 days (49 weeks or 11 months) are spent on waiting, waiting, waiting... fantasy fights discussions... What a effing sport.
                  WTF are you guys talking about? Like seriously. Have you ever even paid attention to boxing? 2 cards a month?

And no one knows what PPV numbers are 1 day after the ****ing event. Holy ****, who are you trying to kid? White is going to lie up and down like when he said 65 million watched in Brazil and the highest rated show ever in Brrazil was under 30m.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
                    WTF are you guys talking about? Like seriously. Have you ever even paid attention to boxing? 2 cards a month?

And no one knows what PPV numbers are 1 day after the ****ing event. Holy ****, who are you trying to kid? White is going to lie up and down like when he said 65 million watched in Brazil and the highest rated show ever in Brrazil was under 30m.
                    The amount of google searches for the event is usually telling on how many people have ordered the card. It did over 500k searches at least and there are a number of sources it did very well.

The UFC can do big numbers in PPV but it has to be the right fight with the right story. Look at the UFC 178 card, it was a GREAT card on paper but the main event ****** and it showed on PPV. This card was CRAP on paper and the event did suck in terms of entertainment, the first 3 rounds were good for the DC Jones fight but last two ******.

Boxing can do good numbers with the right fight but PPV isn't like it was before, the fight has to be COMPELLING in a number of ways, it can't just consist of two good fighters at the top of their game.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                      The amount of google searches for the event is usually telling on how many people have ordered the card. It did over 500k searches at least and there are a number of sources it did very well.

The UFC can do big numbers in PPV but it has to be the right fight with the right story. Look at the UFC 178 card, it was a GREAT card on paper but the main event ****** and it showed on PPV. This card was CRAP on paper and the event did suck in terms of entertainment, the first 3 rounds were good for the DC Jones fight but last two ******.

Boxing can do good numbers with the right fight but PPV isn't like it was before, the fight has to be COMPELLING in a number of ways, it can't just consist of two good fighters at the top of their game.
                      Cards with 500k searches have done as low as 300k. The cards that did 1m had over a million searches.

This has been said by meltzer already. Dana White trying to buy hype for the UFC with his mouth doesnt work anymore. Anyone who thinks any concrete evidence is out about buys a night after the event doesnt understand how it works.

If this fight did over 700k Id be surprised.

Mayweather-Maidana for example.

Comment

Working...
                      X