No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor vs. Sergio Mora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    Quillin/Jacobs will be in GGG's shadow because he's the true WBA titlist. I still don't think Quillin makes it through 2015 without catching an embarrassing L.
    Well WBA super enforced every 1.5 years... hasn't been enforced in forever.... they might force it at some point to appease team k2

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      No it doesn't, I just appreciate the irony. He certainly doesn't deserve that kind of success given the heel he's made himself into, but he is a capable fighter. And as I've mentioned before, Peter was initially excited to take the Roc Nations offer, it was Haymon who made him turn it down. Quillin's a fighter, not a PR person, he said lots of stupid & embarrassing shit, but it doesn't mean he can't fight.

I've rewatched his fights with Rosado & N'Dam, people give him crap but he won the majority of those two fights. Even without the knock downs I thought he was edging N'Dam. And he was clearly beating Rosado for the first half of their fight before it became a give-n-take fight. Michael Woods said he's hearing Jacobs will be next, Danny's not that good and chinny. Plus Haymon's been keeping Jacobs as inactive as Quillin, probably for that reason.
      N'Dam lost, but that was the first time where I started doubting Quillin's skill/talent/potential. N'Dam showed that Quillin isn't fleet-footed, has stamina issues and isn't a good finisher. When you knock your opponent down SIX times and I walk away being more impressed with N'Dam, you know something didn't go right. Every judge had it 115-107, meaning that N'Dam won every round he didn't get KD in. I'm not sure if he beats N'Dam in a rematch. I agree that he beat Rosado, but once again, he left me unsatisfied with his performance. Rosado had a bit too much success in his 3rd fight @MW against someone that was supposed to be a top MW. Rosado showed that PQ might not be able to take it as well as he can dish it out.

I don't think highly of Jacobs either, but he has size/power/reach that Quillin has yet to show he can deal with.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 01-03-2015, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        N'Dam lost, but that was the first time where I started doubting Quillin's skill/talent/potential. N'Dam showed that Quillin isn't fleet-footed, has stamina issues and isn't a good finisher. When you knock your opponent down SIX times and I walk away being more impressed with N'Dam, you know something didn't go right. Every judge had it 115-107, meaning that N'Dam won every round he didn't get KD in. I'm not sure if he beats N'Dam in a rematch. I agree that he beat Rosado, but once again, he left me unsatisfied with his performance. Rosado had a bit too much success in his 3rd fight @MW against someone that was supposed to be a top MW. Rosado showed that PQ might not be able to take it as well as he can dish it out.

I don't think highly of Jacobs either, but he has size/power/reach that Quillin has yet to show he can deal with.
        no that means the judges had it 7-5 quillin or 115-113 plus the knockdowns 115-107which is garbage. it would have been a robbery if ndam stayed up because ndam won more rounds. probably 7-5 or 8-4 but quillin still would have won 113-109 or 112-110 if the judges scored it accurately.

Comment

what a truly awful fight. they tried to make this fight almost 8 years ago and everyone sh-it on it. haymon comes along and makes it 8 years later...genius!

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            Al Haymon continues to make the BEST fights in boxing. The fights us fans want to see!
            You'll be begging Mora to fight Golovkin when he's champ. Might as well take out those knee pads now.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-03-2015, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              I will never watch a Mora fight again
              Same here! I refuse. And this is the same old Al Haymon bull**** match making at the end of the day. **** this fight!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                Same here! I refuse. And this is the same old Al Haymon bull**** match making at the end of the day. **** this fight!!!!
                yeah but taylor will make a lot of money. don't you care about that? those legal defense fees don't pay for themselves.

Comment

Doesn't matter who Taylor fights next. It'll be both terrible and depressing no matter who he fights. Taylor earned his belt fair and square and he has to fight someone. And someone has to end his bad joke of a reign. Might as well be Mora, who is no better or worst than than most of the top 10 middleweights.
                  Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-03-2015, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    You'll be begging Mora to fight Golovkin when he's champ. Might as well take out those knee pads now.
                    Ugghhh no one will beg Mora to fight anyone in life. Ever. Besides we all know the winner of this fight will face Quillin or Jacobs and the winner of that fight will face Quillin or Jacobs for the ultimate Al Haymon 160 pound showdown. This belt isn't going anywhere for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                      Ugghhh no one will beg Mora to fight anyone in life. Ever. Besides we all know the winner of this fight will face Quillin or Jacobs and the winner of that fight will face Quillin or Jacobs for the ultimate Al Haymon 160 pound showdown. This belt isn't going anywhere for a long time.
                      if any of these guys is flat footed enough they may even entice floyd out of his hidey hole.

Comment

Working...
                      X