No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor vs. Sergio Mora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Yep. In the IBF a unification takes precedence over a mandatory -seen recently with Hopkins side-stepping Mohammedi. The winner of Quillin/Jacobs would be allowed to fight the winner of Mora/Taylor before N'Dam.

And everybody laughed at Peter... He's going to be a two title champion! Who knows after he wins another decision over N'Dam, he may just unify with Lee in NY and then tell Golovkin he's a B-side and not worth his time.
    Quillin/Jacobs will be in GGG's shadow because he's the true WBA titlist. I still don't think Quillin makes it through 2015 without catching an embarrassing L.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Years and years ago when Taylor was the MW champ the first time around he offered a fight to Sergio Mora. Mora was to receive a $1million payday but turned down the fight because the fight was in Taylor's backyard and he felt that he wouldn't get a fair shake. Before Peter Quillen, there was Sergio Mora; the first a$$ backwards businessman!

Wonder what he'll get for this fight? Not more than $10-200K, I would suspect!

He still mentions that on his twitter, says it was the biggest mistake of his career and regrets it based on how Spinks gave Taylor all sorts of problems. He did say though it lead him to getting the two Forrest and Mosely fights.

Given Taylor's physical & mental state, I think he'd take this fight for free (or whatever pocket change he's getting for the guys he's been fighting). Getting that title would ensure him a nice pay day afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Quillin/Jacobs will be in GGG's shadow because he's the true WBA titlist. I still don't think Quillin makes it through 2015 without catching an embarrassing L.
        Golovkin might be the true WBA champ, but it won't stop guys like Quillin/Jacobs/Eubank from bragging they're the WBA champs too. Quillin already discredited Golovkin's stake on the title because he refused to fight Jarrod Fletcher, so now Danny is the real champ (see his Tha Boxing Voice interview). 2015 will be year of the chocolate - Quillin can beat Jacobs, Mora, and N'Dam.

I think Haymon has Pete hold the titles until Wade or Khytrov are ready. Only foreseeable monkey wrench in that plan is if someone like Lemieux becomes the next IBF mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
          I remember that. He's a really arrogant guy. He was arrogant before he won that Contender show. It only intensified it.

That said, I do think he'll beat Taylor now. I just don't know if they'll give him the decision.
          Is there any opponent that Taylor isn't life and death to beat that isn't a paper contender? If Mora has anything left he should be able to box the ears off of Taylor.

Comment

Current Champions at 160

WBC: Miguel Cotto
            WBC Interim: Gennady Golovkin

WBA Super:
            Gennady Golovkin
            WBA: Daniel Jacobs
            WBA Interim: Dmitry Chudinov

IBF: Jermain Taylor

WBO: Andy Lee

Comment

Al Haymon continues to make the BEST fights in boxing. The fights us fans want to see!

Comment

WAR LATIN SNAKE! AND NEW!

Comment

Gross, i would never want to see this. Both these guys should go away before they become brain dead

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    Golovkin might be the true WBA champ, but it won't stop guys like Quillin/Jacobs/Eubank from bragging they're the WBA champs too. Quillin already discredited Golovkin's stake on the title because he refused to fight Jarrod Fletcher, so now Danny is the real champ (see his Tha Boxing Voice interview). 2015 will be year of the chocolate - Quillin can beat Jacobs, Mora, and N'Dam.

I think Haymon has Pete hold the titles until Wade or Khytrov are ready. Only foreseeable monkey wrench in that plan is if someone like Lemieux becomes the next IBF mandatory.
                    But it doesn't mean he will. If anyone deserves to be smacked hard by karma, it's Peter "Price Is Right" Quillin. He fought once in April in an uneventful fight, and then ran his mouth for the rest of 2014. Have we even heard anything about his next fight? His 2015 will be just like the last couple years: fighting only twice and giving us unimpressive performances against decent opposition. Next to lazy fat Chavez, Quillin is the worse type of prize-fighter.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 01-03-2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      But it doesn't mean he will. If anyone deserves to be smacked hard by karma, it's Peter "Price Is Right" Quillin. He fought once in April in an uneventful fight, and then ran his mouth for the rest of 2014. Have we even heard anything about his next fight? His 2015 will be just like the last couple years: fighting only twice and giving us unimpressive performances against decent opposition. Next to lazy fat Chavez, Quillin is the worse type of prize-fighter.
                      No it doesn't, I just appreciate the irony. He certainly doesn't deserve that kind of success given the heel he's made himself into, but he is a capable fighter. And as I've mentioned before, Peter was initially excited to take the Roc Nations offer, it was Haymon who made him turn it down. Quillin's a fighter, not a PR person, he said lots of stupid & embarrassing shit, but it doesn't mean he can't fight.

I've rewatched his fights with Rosado & N'Dam, people give him crap but he won the majority of those two fights. Even without the knock downs I thought he was edging N'Dam. And he was clearly beating Rosado for the first half of their fight before it became a give-n-take fight. Michael Woods said he's hearing Jacobs will be next, Danny's not that good and chinny. Plus Haymon's been keeping Jacobs as inactive as Quillin, probably for that reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X