No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Christian Hammer & Undercards RbR/Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Fury has around double the activity Wilder and Wlad has. He throws 70 punches per round on average in his last 5 fights. That's not his problem.

His problem is that he seems to play around. With both Hammer and Chisora he almost seemed like he didn't want to hurt them. For example, when Hammer was dropped yesterday by a pretty good temple shot, Fury let him off the hook.

He could have smashed both of them, but he seems content just outclassing them and making them quit.

I'd like to see a bit more killer instinct in him like Anthony Joshua has.
    You have the right frame of mind in my humble opinion. Basically Fury does that flick and...he does not turn, i.e explode into his shots enough for my tastes....yet. I think he will. My take is that he is learning to recondition his mindset. he is really taking the time relearning and training to use his well roundedness to become versatile and mobile. I fully support him on this because of a couple of reasons:

1) There is a real tendency for bigger guys not to necessarily be big punchers. It happens a lot. Real big guys cannot get the leverage, the explosiveness and the snap that more wiry guys can get. Wilder for example punches so hard because he is wiry! I used to spar a guy like that in karate and it was like fighting a pole with whips!! Fury has a real sense of angles and precision in his punches. He will not, however be a one punch guy.

2) Fury used this tune up like a fighter should. He worked on all aspects of his game. Who really cares if he looked spectacular and I would argue he did look spectacular is many respects. That knockdown was a beautiful shot....his mobility was excellent. He also used good defensive skills. His corner was asking him to pick punches off when he parried, something that fighters used to do and only athetically gifted guys like Roy Jones have done in modern times.

All these skills will serve him well....Big picture is that when considering the untangibles in a Klitschko fight, one can parley Fury's lack of experience with his well roundedness. Klitschko will have trouble catching a mobile Fury. Fury can fight him inside and....eventually may be able to counter Klitschko.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Guaranteed he beats wilder.
      Yup....Wilder can be taken out of the game when he can't land his big punch. Fury may even get knocked down but I think he wins.

Comment

Working...
      X