• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Stevenson a draw doe
    Draws enough to get 8 figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      What's the average A-Side purse on HBO? Anywhere from 750K to 1.25M maybe? Average ratings are about a million. That's about $1 a viewer.

Even if these numbers are a bit off, Showtime just paid about five to six times the going rate per viewer for the Stevenson fight. Insane.
      Yea it is one of those thing that just doesn't sound that bad. It should probably be adjusted by overall viewer base also. Still even at 3 or 4 times that is not good bang for the buck at all.

Comment

Showtime need to start getting stingy like HBO, can't keep throwing money around like this.

Comment

Haymon robbed the **** outta SHO this year

SHO needs a federal bailout like the banks and car companies

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            Haymon robbed the **** outta SHO this year

SHO needs a federal bailout like the banks and car companies
            for real

Comment

That's a disaster. They probably could have gotten better ratings on a rerun of one of their original shows. Haymon did a great job destroying Stevenson's career.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Those are always fun stats when a dude is ****ing up and you prorate their salary by what they are doing. $6 a viewer doesn't sound that bad although I am sure it is ****ed in that metric.
                Truthfully, I don't really have a dog in this hunt because I don't really care much who makes what.

I'm just kinda' poking fun at those who seem to give more fcks about the financial soap opera and "he said/she said-real-boxing-housewives-of-Beverly-hills" bull**** than they do about the fights themselves.

I mean seriously, I saw a thread earlier today about which boxer has the best fashion sense? It had like 6 pages and counting?

Comment

Originally posted by Khabash View Post
                  Fact of the matter is Stevenson sold that fight and got 8 figures.

This just shows how much Duva is robbing Kovalov, he hasn't been getting the right amount of money.

Don't know how he only got 7 figures for Hopkins fight.
                  Originally posted by Khabash View Post
                  Draws enough to get 8 figures.
                  Someone can't count....

Comment

Damn super duck that's worse than the rerun of I love Lucy that night.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                      Truthfully, I don't really have a dog in this hunt because I don't really care much who makes what.

I'm just kinda' poking fun at those who seem to give more fcks about the financial soap opera and "he said/she said-real-boxing-housewives-of-Beverly-hills" bull**** than they do about the fights themselves.

I mean seriously, I saw a thread earlier today about which boxer has the best fashion sense? It had like 6 pages and counting?

It is funny though and that really points out how bad this was and how far Stevenson has fallen which is all self inflicted.

I never personally stress guys careers, it will be what they want it to be for the most part. I do find how the sport works interesting as you can kind of see how things are going to flow, and then how that flow is disrupted by various events which are often crazy.

There is a lot of it though among other stuff of varying degrees of usefulness though.

Comment

Working...
                      X