Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather -- Footing the Bill for Murderer's Funeral!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meme_man View Post
    Gettin money welcome back bro
    I was thinking the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      your mother called you "special"
      your teacher called you "special"
      your doctor called you "special"

when everyone you know calls you special you're ******ed.
      link pls..

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Were they murderers? Domestic abuse is one thing, no one can condone it, but murdering and maliciously taking an innocent person's life is quite another.

You don't have to erase it, that wasn't my argument, but killers shouldn't be celebrated which is what the Hall of Fame is about.
        LaMotta basically admitted to trying to ditch two bodies one of his woman that he beat almost to death and one of somebody he robbed and beat almost to death. Neither ended up dying like he thought but that's as good as a murderer and he's also an admitted rapist which some people think is even worse thing to do to somebody. If you are one of those people that thinks abortion is murder, you gotta look at Robinson beating his pregnant wife and causing more than one miscarriage because of it probably. These are all really really nasty guys.

I totally hear you if you didn't want to celebrate their actions but it's just that you can't talk boxing without a lot of these guys. A lot of them was the best that's ever done it and I feel like you can definitely celebrate their abilities and accomplishments without actually condoning their personal lives. Hey, I can say it's great all the charity work Bill Cosby did, doesn't mean I think he's a great guy for probably raping a bunch of women for most of his life. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
          LaMotta basically admitted to trying to ditch two bodies one of his woman that he beat almost to death and one of somebody he robbed and beat almost to death. Neither ended up dying like he thought but that's as good as a murderer and he's also an admitted rapist which some people think is even worse thing to do to somebody. If you are one of those people that thinks abortion is murder, you gotta look at Robinson beating his pregnant wife and causing more than one miscarriage because of it probably. These are all really really nasty guys.
          Some people think rape is worse than murder? Rape is a terrible crime, but ending someone's time on this earth is a step beyond (prison terms reflect this).

I totally hear you if you didn't want to celebrate their actions but it's just that you can't talk boxing without a lot of these guys. A lot of them was the best that's ever done it and I feel like you can definitely celebrate their abilities and accomplishments without actually condoning their personal lives. Hey, I can say it's great all the charity work Bill Cosby did, doesn't mean I think he's a great guy for probably raping a bunch of women for most of his life. I don't know.
          Personally, I don't think you can when it comes to taking innocent lives.

On LaMotta, I read he threw fights too. I'm no boxing historian, but does someone who threw fights belong in a Hall of Fame? you basically take a shit on the entire sport when you do that.

Seems to me that as long as you can make yourself a big enough name you can be forgiven almost anything in the eyes of boxing HOF inductors, from fixing fights to PEDs to murder...and it's not right imo.

Interesting debate though.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            Some people think rape is worse than murder? Rape is a terrible crime, but ending someone's time on this earth is a step beyond (prison terms reflect this).

Personally, I don't think you can when it comes to taking innocent lives.

On LaMotta, I read he threw fights too. I'm no boxing historian, but does someone who threw fights belong in a Hall of Fame? you basically take a shit on the entire sport when you do that.

Seems to me that as long as you can make yourself a big enough name you can be forgiven almost anything in the eyes of boxing HOF inductors, from fixing fights to PEDs to murder...and it's not right imo.

Interesting debate though.

Yeah man, they even have a saying referring to it as a "fate worse than death". A lot of people feel that way.

LaMotta did say he threw at least one fight but- and like I said he's a terrible guy- but in that one thing I totally understand if he was as honest about that as he seemed to be about how terrible he was. He basically said that the mob had him by the balls and he couldn't get the title shot he should've been the rightful contender for for years unless he threw this one fight with this guy they were building up as a kayo machine and so he did to get his shot with Zale or Cerdan, whoever had it at the time, can't remember. But Dempsey is supposed to have thrown a fight, Jack Johnson I think said he did too, Joe Gans arguably the GOAT lightweight probably did, it's a really long list and includes a lot of greats. But LaMotta basically said it was to get his fair shot, Dempsey was supposed to have been just so he could get enough money to survive on back when he was a poor kid, etc. I don't know.

I'm no historian either but I did read LaMotta book anyway and it was short but all kinds of f**ked up. Either way I respect how you feel about it. I definitely understand it's not easy thinking that a lot of our legends were so bad and not wanting to give them anything they can benefit off of or any honor.

Comment

Working...
            X