Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Andy Lee make Haymon/Kid Chocolate look foolish?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    I don't think that would even work; Golovkin has been built as a middleweight wrecking machine. Taking on Lemieux or Lee does nothing to change that. Golovkin needs to be thrown into a dangerous situation; a fight where he doesn't walk into the ring as an 8:1 favorite.

Being kinda serious, he's going to need something like a fight with Andre Ward if he wants to break through. That fight isn't likely to happen, but that's what he needs; a fight where he walks into the ring with serious doubt as to the outcome.

Why not go after Demetrius "Boo Boo" Andrade? He's a 6'1 rangy southpaw, with range, can punch, and can fight going forward and backward. People will knock him coming up from 154, but Andrade heads into the fight with clear tools that would pose problems to Golovkin.

Frankly, Golovkin needs to go up 8 pounds, for at least a couple fights (a la Anderson Silva fighting at 205 when he knocked off all of the guys at 185).
    Yes that or beating an aging Froch spectacularly. He would probably have to take short money against Froch to get him in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post
      I have a feeling Taylor's belt is up for auction to the highest bidder. Also that auction has a quick closing date due to his future incarceration. I suspect Miguel Cotto or Kid Chocolate/Jacobs will win the bid. It seems like GGG has a low ceiling from HBO to entice fighters. He needs to destroy Lee or Lemieux to raise his pay scale.
      It's not up for bid by just anyone. Taylor is a Haymon fighter, and he'll only give it up to another Haymon fighter. Either Quillin or Jacobs most likely.

Comment

Al Haymon makes his fighters look like cowards by over-protecting them, but I think Quillan himself was willing to fight Korobov.

Comment

He did, but it'll be annoying if he gets the Jermain Taylor fight next and gets another belt to sit on while facing guys brought in to lose. If that does happen all he'll need to do is look good against Taylor and call out Golovkin and I bet he'll have fans on here again, saying that this time he really means it.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            Al Haymon is a *****. The only reason he doesn't show up in public is because he knows he would get beat up. There's a group of boxing fans hunting for him at events to jump him. And Kid Chocolate is just the lowest form of life that could possibly exist. He is so disgusting, just disgusting. I think more highly of the toilet paper sitting next to my toilet than him, and this is no ****ing joke.
            Brother you are sick and should seek help or option 2 is you're 12...

Comment

Originally posted by OldAndroidGuy View Post
              Andy Lee stepped right in and knocked out the guy Haymon and Kid Chocolate avoided by vacating not only their belt, but a career high payday. Do Haymon and KC look like complete idiots now? I'd be pissed if I was KC!
              Andy lee has courage and is willing to take on all comers he may not be the best but i'd support him over kid ducklate any day. the blame lies with haymon but also to a degree with ducklate

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                Al Haymon makes his fighters look like cowards by over-protecting them, but I think Quillan himself was willing to fight Korobov.
                Haymon was likely willing to have Quillin fight Korobov; he just didn't want to have that be the fight that launches Jay-Z's company into the boxing world.

Comment

I really can't stand Peter Quillin, but surely even he has to be pissed off about this. He have up his belt for nothing.

Comment

Most of these boxers had idealistic aspirations when they entered the sport, ie, win titles, fight the best of the best... Until they meet Haymon, "Forget that crap, doe. You can have all those things by fighting cab drivers."

Comment

I don't think Korobov had anything to do with KC not taking the bout. I think it had everything to do with RocNation. Still think it was a pretty ****** decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X