Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Manny Pacquiao hitting it right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's lost some of his explosiveness with age and moving up in weight...sometimes you don't carry power up, as well as perhaps a tentativeness after JMM and also the fact he is facing some durable guys.

Pac's never really been a knockout artist though, and he isn't going to become one the older he gets.

Comment

So I've been watching some Pacquiao fights and it looks like he's developed into a more pure boxing than trying to knock people out. The Bradley 2 fight was a good example of it and Brandon Rios as well. I do think Pacquiao still has power and could hurt anyone, he's definitely a more wiser fighter at this point.

Comment

Pac takes it easy on guys

But he won't on mayweather...he'll go all out on this one guaranteed
        Bit like last Marquez fight. It'll be worth his full effort

Pac will catch mayweather n it'll b good

Comment

He very clearly carried Rios and Algieri, there was a moment Pac feinted Algieri and Chris did a slow motion duck and was in his shell crouched defenseless and Pac didn't go for the kill

I think Arum told him to go easy on Rios too. He hurt Bradley bad in the second fight.

In the first Bradley fight Pac didn't even train hard he looked soft, delayed the fight for a basketball game and toyed with Bradley smiling at the commentators and fighting the last 30 seconds of the fight and even then he clearly won.

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
            I've seen jinkie on a few occasions and.....just joking. I'm pretty sure you were thinking that with the thread title. Anyway, Manny hasn't had a KO since 2009. He has the power to KO people but he doesn't do it. My theory is maybe he's not fully committing to the punches when he is throwing because he truly doesn't want to hurt people too bad since he is really religious. I mean, he did end margarito's career and we all know it. I know it's hard to judge this theory but also maybe he isn't targeting the sensitive areas often like the side of the temple or the jaw or even the tip of the nose. I mean who really knows. I'm sure a lot of people are going to claim steroids with no evidence to back up their claim but those are haters for you. Anyway, what is your theory for Manny not knocking people out anymore?
            Manny doesn't have KO power, he just beats people up. Stop trying to justify something that isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
              Manny doesn't have KO power, he just beats people up. Stop trying to justify something that isn't there.
              Still butthurt from the Cotto fight huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                Still butthurt from the Cotto fight huh?
                What does that have to do with this topic or post? You can't possibly think Manny has 1 punch KO power when he's only had 1 in the last 8 years against a coke head.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                  Is it that time of the month?

Pacquiao has power in both hands. Has dropped world class pfp fighters before. In reality no one really has KO power aside from a prime tyson.

Comment

Pac will still KO guys who try to walk him down and bully him, unless they have Margarito/Rios level chins. Mosley, Marquez, Bradley, Algieri, all those guys got on their bikes.

The challenge for Floyd, just like them, won't be avoiding a knockout loss. It'll be about beating Manny Pacquiao while moving away from him.

Comment

I don't think manny has the power to ko anyone in welter on up. He just is a smaller guy. And not to speculate. But the difference between pre Cotto and post Cotto Pacquaio is almost night and day (his legs were huge before).

Comment

Working...
                      X