No announcement yet.

Is Manny Pacquiao hitting it right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    since the ko he doesn't commit the same way, but his punches are still very sharp, just not as heavy, he used to punch as sharp but with more weight, so his power has definitely decreased, and it's due to his technique
    agreed with this..

Comment

since the ko he doesn't commit the same way, but his punches are still very sharp, just not as heavy, he used to punch as sharp but with more weight, so his power has definitely decreased, and it's due to his technique
      But he never had a stoppage from 2010-2012 which was before the ko.

It's not like he only hasn't had a KO since he got knocked out, the drought goes further back.

Comment

i think he is alot more cautious after the marquez ko and doesnt go in trying to knock you out now, it seems like now he is just trying to outbox ppl.....also i think it might be because hes become nice lol

Comment

Anyone honestly think pac was on PEDS before? not saying he was but ........

Comment

(yes, these 2 gifs are different occassions)

can ya spot the difference?

you dont see a full fledged pacquiao cross often anymore, you get glimpses every now and then though, there was the one in the 6th or whichever rd he hurt bradley against the ropes in the second fight, and also 1 in the end of the 11th rd, but it's become almost a rarity
            Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-09-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
              But he never had a stoppage from 2010-2012 which was before the ko.

It's not like he only hasn't had a KO since he got knocked out, the drought goes further back.
              sure, but his power has definitely dropped, ask bradley and he'll tell you pacquiao punched alot harder in the first fight, in the second fight though he was very sharp

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                It's nothing to do with religion.

His opponents have been extremely difficult to KO. Clottey, Bradley, Mosley, Margarito, Rios are durable guys.

Pacquiao's stoppages vs Oscar and Cotto were due to accumulation. He was more of a concussive ko artist under 135 lbs.
                I agree, he is fighting much bigger guys and guys with great chins, the only fight I saw where he seemed to pull his shots and not really load up or commit was the Rios fight, he had a guy in front of him but didn't really commit but I think its because he was coming off a huge KO and was being cautious.

When Clottey shelled up and Clottey was 165 pounds on fight night, Pac was throwing with all his might, he didn't do the same when Rios was shelled up.

But what is crazy with Pac is when you give him the high double guard he tries to hit you through angles and break through any opening he see whether its the corner of your year the sides or just break right through your guard in the middle with a straight left. Other fighters don't do that, Pac loves it when guys cover up with a high guard, its why he has trouble with JMM, JMM never covers up ever, JMM defense is offensive counters.

Comment

I think he's pacing himself.. He chooses not to throw as hard as it requires more energy. Back then in the day, he would be able to throw non stop but he can't anymore.. He has to conserve some energy.

However, he'll pick his spots. He'll throw hard if he feels it's a good investment.

Comment

(yes, these 2 gifs are different occassions)

can ya spot the difference?

you dont see a full fledged pacquiao cross often anymore, you get glimpses every now and then though, there was the one in the 6th or whichever rd he hurt bradley against the ropes in the second fight, and also 1 in the end of the 11th rd, but it's become almost a rarity
                    Great footage. You can see the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                      i've said this since the rios fight!! the way he throws his punches is funny now compare to how he throws it before. its like he pushes his punch foward, cant explain it, but when his punches touch u, it seems like he's pushing it foward more like an extra push. before pac used to throw is punches sharp with a snap.
                      I agree. He also now likes to throw that left that looks like a hook.(the one that he kod Hatton) Don't know why his straight seems like it's stronger.

Comment

Working...
                      X