No announcement yet.

People say Oscar was drained against Manny... I see a master class

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People say Oscar was drained against Manny... I see a master class

It's gospel that Oscar was supposedly a drained zombie (maybe he was), but people often overlook the fact that Oscar was the A side, there was no catch-weight, Manny was moving up in weight etc.. Manny moved up TWO WEIGHT CLASSES for this fight! This win has been badly discredited but it's one hell of a win!

I think people were literally dumbfounded at how badly Manny dominated and schooled De La Hoya, it was a combination of Floyd hardcore fans, Oscar fans, just a general disbelief at how dominant that win was.

I know it hurts a lot of butts but Manny schooled Oscar, he took away his jab completley, his footwork was A+, handspeed phenomenal, footspeed and lateral movement everything was unbelievable.

This fight also disproves the Fl0mo boxing hipster theory that Manny has poor boxing skills and poor fundamentals, but they would just reply ''drained zombie doe, derp derp'' but if you watch the fight the skill Manny shows is ATG level, blinder jab, straight left circle round, right hand, even his defence was on point.

Prime Manny beats any version of Oscar sorry.

Yeah he was drained but Pacquiao was also blown up. That cancels each other out

And I agree that Prime Pacquiao beats any version of Oscar and Oscar got robbed against Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      It's gospel that Oscar was supposedly a drained zombie (maybe he was), (...)
      ... No, man... Oscar was drained beyond reasonable limits... (It was business only. Oscar never dreamt to somehow win that fight -- drained, old, slow...)

Comment

Oscar was nearly dead that night, but he would have lost regardless at that age. Manny probably would have beat him at any time at 147, just way too much speed and angles.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ... No, man... Oscar was drained beyond reasonable limits... (It was business only. Oscar never dreamt to somehow win that fight -- drained, old, slow...)
          Rumour has it he rehydrated late too look better.

Comment

Oscar was badly drained, probably the worst I've ever seen a fighter. His own fault.

That said, I do believe Pacquaio beats any version of Oscar.

Comment

I agree it was a great performance but it's pretty clear Oscar was drained no matter how you look at it. I mean, fighters are supposedly 'drained' all the time yet they still rehydrate 15-20 lbs. Oscar put on 2 lbs overnight and was on iv drips.

Manny moved up two weight classes yet outweighed the so called bigger guy on the night of the fight, that says it all.

Prime Oscar vs Pac would be a lot more competitive but i would still pick Pacquiao to win.

Comment

Oscar was shot vs Floyd and Manny. His best was like early 2000's...still impressive the way he dismantled the guy. Oscar was drained too which didn't help.

Comment

all Manny had to do was avoid that lead left hand

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                    I agree it was a great performance but it's pretty clear Oscar was drained no matter how you look at it. I mean, fighters are supposedly 'drained' all the time yet they still rehydrate 15-20 lbs. Oscar put on 2 lbs overnight and was on iv drips.

Manny moved up two weight classes yet outweighed the so called bigger guy on the night of the fight, that says it all.

Prime Oscar vs Pac would be a lot more competitive but i would still pick Pacquiao to win.
                    ^- This. Also Oscar agreed to 147 being the A side so he got what he deserved. Manny likes to destroy cokeheads lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X