No announcement yet.

Kovalev/Pascal a done deal for March in Quebec. Announcement to be made shortly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Cool that these LHW's are fighting Kovalev...wish the same could be said for that MW guy
    Kovalev has had so much good fortune. LHW has real fighters, except for the Superduck.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Kovalev has had so much good fortune. LHW has real fighters, except for the Superduck.
      I have a feeling that Kovalev is just holding those titles for Superduck's training partner - Beterbiev.

Comment

This is what Stevenson deserves for acting like a bigshot and negotiating himself out of every meaningful fight, but I'm not sure I like it. Stevenson vs Pascal would have been an interesting, two-sided fight (with Stevenson as a favorite). Kovalev vs Pascal is a foregone conclusion. Kovalev is all kinds of wrong for Pascal.

Comment

I knew Pascal would take the fight. He is a fighter and he will fight anyone. These days that earns respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            I have a feeling that Kovalev is just holding those titles for Superduck's training partner - Beterbiev.
            You got the wrong way: Beterbiev's sparring partner is Superduck (not the other way round)...

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              He was Pascal's partner. Superduck's already? Quick change..

Comment

Nice. Should be a good fight. I see Kov winning but Pascal is explosive enough that he can have his moments in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Pascal making this deal is great. Stevenson is really irrelevant IMO. The only fights I wanted to see him in were Pascal and Kov, and one of those will be taken away.

I guess Stevenson will ultimately get what he wanted-only having to fight 1 of the bhop/kov/pascal group.
                  Pretty much, I guess hes not as confident in his ability as he lets on otherwise why the hell would he pass on those fights and the money that goes along with them? He could have fought all three of them or at the very least two of them before they took another loss to somebody else. He just wants to keep his belt hostage as long as possible with little risk of losing.

Comment

This is also proof that Haymon is NOT good for the sport. For the people who think he is, why can he not broker a deal, but all the other people out there are making them, and fairly easily.

Comment

Originally posted by titan m View Post
                      He just wants to keep his belt hostage as long as possible with little risk of losing.
                      And he thinks nobody sees this. Yeah..

Comment

Working...
                      X