Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What weight class will Lomachenko end up in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With his age and skill i see no reason why he won't end up at least 140. 147 might be too far, would have to see how he looks at 35' and 40' but this guy has it all. Great distance awareness, and his body punching is excellent, especially the left uppercut. He can really pound a guys body!

By the time he is 29-32, 140 lbs and top 3 p4p if not number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Did Rigo win the title on his 2nd pro fight or 7th pro fight ?
      Did Lomo? No he didn't. His 3rd yes but then again Rigondeaux has fought at least on P4P fighter and plunked him. Lomo fought Russell Jr, who so many dislike because of his TBA run of opponents and Lomo still only got a SD win against untested Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
        Did he win that fight? Rigo has proved his worth with little pro fights but Loma needs time to beat a notable fighter like Donaire. If he beats Walters or Jhonny he'll no longer be hype. He can never remove the Loss to Salido though and if skills pay the bills the size shouldn't have mattered. Gary Russel is his best win so far for a vacant title. I'm not saying he's **** I'm just saying he needs to earn the hype he receives. I could give two ****s about the Olympics this is the pros.

He jumped into deep waters early, fought Salido too soon and probably worried about stamina. He still gave Salido real work late in that fight and I guarantee if they fought again, he would have an easy time with him now. He looks comfortable as a pro now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
          Did Lomo? No he didn't. His 3rd yes but then again Rigondeaux has fought at least on P4P fighter and plunked him. Lomo fought Russell Jr, who so many dislike because of his TBA run of opponents and Lomo still only got a SD win against untested Russell.
          Majority Decision either due to a Blind or Corrupt Judge. I guess Floyd barely squeaked by Canelo and Maidana the first fight also huh?

Comment

He doesn't look like a big FW to me, he's only slightly taller than Gamboa. Now Walters is a big FW. I'm not saying he couldn't compete at WW, but I think his ideal weight will be around LW.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 11-26-2014, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              Majority Decision either due to a Blind or Corrupt Judge. I guess Floyd barely squeaked by Canelo and Maidana the first fight also huh?
              Personally I thought the fight was much closer than perceived. Rounds 1-4 Russell. Lomo had alot of trouble with work rate early and allowed Russell to pick the pace.. I found round 5 for Lomo with good combos but round 6 he hit the bicycle and allowed Russell to out work him... I gave Lomo round 7 because of the last 40 seconds he landed big with combos but he barely squeaked out with that round. Round 8 went back to Russell who determined the pace and was throwing the jab at will. Round 9 I personally saw a knock down for Russell who laid out a big 3 punch combo and continued to pick the pace of the fight. I'd give Lomo 10, though it could have gone either way; Russell was out landing him till the 1 minute mark when Lomo started landing big... Round 11 was close as well but I believe Lomo got the round because of his late activity. Round 12 I gave to Lomo who hurt Russell.

So in my view it was much closer... Rigo hits a bicycle, he is boring and yet still lands amazing straights and counters.... While Lomo hits it and doesn't attempt to counter.

Comment

One day he will fight at 147. It's just a mater of putting on some muscle which he can easily do. There are plenty of 5'6" welters.

But at welter even with his skill the size of some of his potential opponents might be too much to overcome.

So I think he could still be the top dog at 140 but 147 is stretching it.

He can take a **** so he is not a KO waiting to happen, and he doesn't need to have the pop at higher divisions because he will still outpoint anyone.
                Last edited by Banderivets; 11-26-2014, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                  So in my view it was much closer... Rigo hits a bicycle, he is boring and yet still lands amazing straights and counters.... While Lomo hits it and doesn't attempt to counter.
                  We must have watched different fights, because from the whole fight Russell maybe got 3 rds, and those three would have to be gifts.

He got outworked and didn't land jack ****, you couldn't give him a round if you wanted to, Loma would have one the around by "effectively slipping and ducking" anything that Russell threw at him.

Comment

Probly 140 and then fight catch weights against 147lbers like floyd does with 154lbers if hes a big enought name by then which i think he will be.

Comment

he can dominate welter 147

Comment

Working...
                      X