Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What weight class will Lomachenko end up in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    How many fighters fight a top 5 guy in his weight class on 2nd pro fight
    Did he win that fight? Rigo has proved his worth with little pro fights but Loma needs time to beat a notable fighter like Donaire. If he beats Walters or Jhonny he'll no longer be hype. He can never remove the Loss to Salido though and if skills pay the bills the size shouldn't have mattered. Gary Russel is his best win so far for a vacant title. I'm not saying he's **** I'm just saying he needs to earn the hype he receives. I could give two ****s about the Olympics this is the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
      Did he win that fight? Rigo has proved his worth with little pro fights but Loma needs time to beat a notable fighter like Donaire. If he beats Walters or Jhonny he'll no longer be hype. He can never remove the Loss to Salido though and if skills pay the bills the size shouldn't have mattered. Gary Russel is his best win so far for a vacant title. I'm not saying he's **** I'm just saying he needs to earn the hype he receives. I could give two ****s about the Olympics this is the pros.
      lol so what? Fought for a world title in his second pro fight, won a world title in his 3rd equalling the record. The Salido loss was close and could have been scored to him. A loss really doesn't mean jack if you know the history of boxing.

Rigo fought a guy with a 4-2-3 record in his second fight, and he was years older than Loma.

Bottom line, the kid is seriously talented.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 11-26-2014, 12:56 AM.

Comment

i can see him topping out at 140 but he will compete at 147 cause his skills will be level above eveyrone else

Comment

He'll be at cruiser in 2029

Comment

135~140. he seems pretty muscular for his frame already.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              he's 26....
              Sorry about the mistake on his age but my opinion remains the same. Most boxers are as big as they are ever going to be by age 26. Unless he thinks making 126 is making him weaker he should remain at that weight and not make things harder for himself by moving up in weight and fighting bigger, stronger, harder hitting men. If he thinks he will fight better at a higher weight then by all means move up. But he shouldn't just move up in weight for something to do. You don't see Rigo or Lara moving up in weight and these men are very lean. Hagler turned pro as a middleweight at 18 and remained a middleweight until he retired at 34.

Comment

He's 5'6 and already looks pretty full out at his current weight. Will likely physically max out at 130, fighting at lightweight off of sheer boxing skill.

He's too small for 147 and is probably too small for 140, too.

Comment

I'd say at the very most 140 but the size difference may be too great. 135 seems much more likely. If he beats Walters then we can talk about this properly though. He hasn't done enough in my books yet to be deserving of the hype. I loved his amateur career but the pros are a different game. He seemed more content with dancing and showboating in his last fight which bothered me. And let's be real russel would have been stopped by a lot of guys, not necessarily Olympic medal winners. He is adapting well to the pro style but there's a good chance he gets outqirked by more seasoned pros. Walters right now seems like the best test for him.

Comment

135 or 140

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                      Did Rigo win the title on his 2nd pro fight or 7th pro fight ?

Comment

Working...
                      X