Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Time HW Tourney: #5 Joe Louis vs #12 Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a hard fight. Mostly because of the size disparity. Power wise they can both knock each other out. Louis also had a shaky chin (but amazing recuperative powers).

Louis faced boxers before, but none as big or as strong. I think Louis walks him down, gets nailed with some hard right hands and left hooks, get's hurt but keeps on fighting until he lands a hail mary on the point of Wlad's chin. Come-from-behind KO for Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossman View Post
      The too big argument is pointless. Like Wlad is too big to be knocked out? Puritty and Brewster were too small for him.

Louis inside four.
      purity and brew were much thicker framed than louis. brew was 6'2 around 230 and purity 6'3 240ish and they endured some major punishment before wlad gassed out. wlad paces himself better now anyway. size is far from everything but I really cant see how Louis's small frame could have stood up to wlads power. he was 200 lbs soaking wet and didn't have that great a chin either. Louis was obviously worlds above wlad on inside fighting but wlad would tie him up and bust him up from the outside. I dont think Louis would have got close enough. sometimes size is just too much when the bigger man also has some speed and boxing ability. hate picking outcomes with heavies from different eras. they were like cruiserweights back then
      moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
        purity and brew were much thicker framed than louis. brew was 6'2 around 230 and purity 6'3 240ish and they endured some major punishment before wlad gassed out. wlad paces himself better now anyway. size is far from everything but I really cant see how Louis's small frame could have stood up to wlads power. he was 200 lbs soaking wet and didn't have that great a chin either. Louis was obviously worlds above wlad on inside fighting but wlad would tie him up and bust him up from the outside. I dont think Louis would have got close enough. sometimes size is just too much when the bigger man also has some speed and boxing ability. hate picking outcomes with heavies from different eras. they were like cruiserweights back then
        Wlad's a great fighter but I still think he's hiding serious chin issues. I know I know, it's been almost 10 years and he's 'proven' himself. But did he really?
        The very few times he was hit, he actually showed signs of freaking out. The one time he was under attack by Haye? He lost the round. The one time Wach managed to tag him? He was unsteady against the ropes. I just don't know if I can trust his chin against someone with as deadly a offensive arsenal as Louis. But tough fight to call for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
          Wlad's a great fighter but I still think he's hiding serious chin issues. I know I know, it's been almost 10 years and he's 'proven' himself. But did he really?
          The very few times he was hit, he actually showed signs of freaking out. The one time he was under attack by Haye? He lost the round. The one time Wach managed to tag him? He was unsteady against the ropes. I just don't know if I can trust his chin against someone with as deadly a offensive arsenal as Louis. But tough fight to call for me.
          oh believe me,,,I know wlads chin isnt good and he reacts poorly when tagged clean but im just not sure Louis gets to him first. hed be giving up some massive reach and his chin wasn't exactly granite either. id pick him any day of the week over young wlad that didn't use his height and took chances on the inside but older wlad learned how to protect his weakenss boring or not

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
            oh believe me,,,I know wlads chin isnt good and he reacts poorly when tagged clean but im just not sure Louis gets to him first. hed be giving up some massive reach and his chin wasn't exactly granite either. id pick him any day of the week over young wlad that didn't use his height and took chances on the inside but older wlad learned how to protect his weakenss boring or not
            Good point. Wlad could very well just KO Louis. The size difference is very hard to overcome.

Comment

Looks like Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                Louis is the one guy pre-Liston I would pick over Wlad without blinking.
                I pick your a idiot

Comment

Wlad by murder. Only Fury, Vitali and Lewis can beat Wlad prime vs prime imo. Louis is CW today.

Comment

Wlad was a **** boxer, TF are you clowns talking about?

Size whoring here has gotten really, really, really stupid. I don't need to qualify ****, him bigger, him win You're tards

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
                      Wlad by murder. Only Fury, Vitali and Lewis can beat Wlad prime vs prime imo. Louis is CW today.
                      Its not just joe would be to small way to outdated in movement anybody who picked him were trolling and crazy what about the great holy does he not have a shot

Comment

Working...
                      X