No announcement yet.

Marcos Maidana vs Antonio Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    I think it was only void of speed. I'd say technique-wise, they were excellent. Cotto would probably agree
    I don't see how Margarito has good technique.

Technically he's not a good fighter.

Cotto would agree he's very big, very strong, very durable, never stops coming and throwing and has a great engine.

I doubt Cotto would scream and shout about his technical abilities or skills.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I don't see how Margarito has good technique.

Technically he's not a good fighter.

Cotto would agree he's very big, very strong, very durable, never stops coming and throwing and has a great engine.

I doubt Cotto would scream and shout about his technical abilities or skills.
      What was wrong with his technique on that triple uppercut against Cotto?

Comment

Margarito would probably win but not before Chino gets his licks in.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Bauermeis View Post
          Margarito was more of an amateur than Maidana.

Who's still fighting and who is about to lose an eye.?
          Who's 31 and who is 36 now?

Comment

They weren't exactly executed well, they were sloppy, Margarito couldn't miss at that point because Cotto was done, at that point Margarito couldn't miss with any punch, he could have thrown 15 uppercuts in a row they would have all landed. Cotto had nothing left by then, physically or mentally.

Comment

Nothing. The problem wit his technique is he gets hit in the face, a lot. Margarito was a tough son of a b*tch, no one can argue that and I'd favor him to make Maidana his adopted son. But the guy is anything but a technical fighter, he just throws a lot of punches (well) and has a good chin. Nothing really technical about that in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                They weren't exactly executed well, they were sloppy, Margarito couldn't miss at that point because Cotto was done, at that point Margarito couldn't miss with any punch, he could have thrown 15 uppercuts in a row they would have all landed. Cotto had nothing left by then, physically or mentally.
                How the heck were they sloppy? He worked the right to the body and then positioned his own body to make it very difficult to counter. Three beautiful left uppercuts, short, compact, in close range on on-target. Perhaps a better defensive fighter might have blocked them but it wouldn't be because of a lack of technique on Margarito's part.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                  Nothing. The problem wit his technique is he gets hit in the face, a lot. Margarito was a tough son of a b*tch, no one can argue that and I'd favor him to make Maidana his adopted son. But the guy is anything but a technical fighter, he just throws a lot of punches (well) and has a good chin. Nothing really technical about that in any way.
                  I guess. I think he got that title from bouts when he had slowed down. He was already slow so him slowing down made him even easier to paste. In his prime, he was more slippery than that and good at parrying.

Comment

How the heck were they sloppy? He worked the right to the body and then positioned his own body to make it very difficult to counter. Three beautiful left uppercuts, short, compact, in close range on on-target. Perhaps a better defensive fighter might have blocked them but it wouldn't be because of a lack of technique on Margarito's part.
                    Don't see how they were short or compact they were wide and slow.

Don't see this positioning either he walks in straight lines.

He was also getting countered easily until Cotto was finished, and Cotto's not even a good counter puncher.

Like I said at that point in the fight Margarito could have thrown anything and it would land and wouldn't be countered Cotto was a punching bag at that point.

Comment

I guess. I think he got that title from bouts when he had slowed down. He was already slow so him slowing down made him even easier to paste. In his prime, he was more slippery than that and good at parrying.
                      I don't what you see.

In what way was he slippery? Did he slip punches? Did he throw counter punches? Not from what I saw. His defense was minimal throughout his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X