No announcement yet.

Marcos Maidana vs Antonio Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Maidana isn't a defensive wizard either. And Margarito throws from ALL angles. Maidana isn't knocking Margarito out.
    Shane Mosely isn't a defensive wizard either....Tony couldn't touch Shane.

Tony's hands aren't as quick and the angles he uses aren't as crazy as Maidana's.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Bauermeis View Post
      Shane Mosely isn't a defensive wizard either....Tony couldn't touch Shane.

Tony's hands aren't as quick and the angles he uses aren't as crazy as Maidana's.
      We're talking prime Margarito here.

Comment

Any chin can be dented.

Comment

Prime Margarito would have his way with Maidana. Just a horrible style for him to deal with. A naturally bigger guy backing him up; non-stop punching to the head and body. Not a contest. I think people overlook just how good Margarito was in his prime. Perhaps it was the gloves but even the version who fought Cotto was already a bit past his prime. The Margarito from 2002-2006 was a beast.
          What was "Prime Tony"? Must have been a short prime. Dude never did ****. Has no power, no game plan, no skills. He's just tough and has stamina. Many people would wreck him now and forever. Just like old Mosley did. He's no better then Rios, He's no better then Provo. Cotto is soft and he wore him down with his plaster.

Quit overrating a bum with no skills. These face first brawlers can only be so good. It's why Maidana has had improved success. He has had the capability to learn basic skills to go along with his assets. These dumb asses like Margarito were never ****. Paul Williams, Rios. Never were ****, had a few great moments, and always got wrecked.

No one becomes great on toughness alone.
          Last edited by Da Machine; 11-19-2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
            What was "Prime Tony"? Must have been a short prime. Dude never did ****. Has no power, no game plan, no skills. He's just tough and has stamina. Many people would wreck him now and forever. Just like old Mosley did.
            I don't agree. And I'd say his prime was between Lewis and Clottey. He had pretty good power, high volume, great stamina, excellent beard and definitely had skills. A good jab, good combinations, and I think people see his lack of defense and athleticism and assume he had no skills. He had plenty. You can't unload three uppercuts in a row (like he did against Cotto) and not have skill. When Roy Jones did it, people would orgasm. The nuances in Margarito's style are oft-overlooked.

Comment

maidana never stopped a live body in his life, even the "glass" chin of khan made it the distance

but he's gonna knock out a prime iron chinned margarito

right

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                maidana never stopped a live body in his life, even the "glass" chin of khan made it the distance

right

Comment

I don't agree. And I'd say his prime was between Lewis and Clottey. He had pretty good power, high volume, great stamina, excellent beard and definitely had skills. A good jab, good combinations, and I think people see his lack of defense and athleticism and assume he had no skills. He had plenty. You can't unload three uppercuts in a row (like he did against Cotto) and not have skill. When Roy Jones did it, people would orgasm. The nuances in Margarito's style are oft-overlooked.
                  I don't really see these skills. He wasn't really a skilled fighter.

I think Roy Jones throwing three perfectly executed sharp fast uppercuts in a row compared to Margarito throwing three slow uppercuts void of technique are much similar.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post

right

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      I don't really see these skills. He wasn't really a skilled fighter.

I think Roy Jones throwing three perfectly executed sharp fast uppercuts in a row compared to Margarito throwing three slow uppercuts void of technique are much similar.
                      I think it was only void of speed. I'd say technique-wise, they were excellent. Cotto would probably agree

Comment

Working...
                      X